N/S Chris Long Thinks the Pirate Ship Should Be Removed from Raymond James Stadium (Super Bowl LV) (1 Viewer)

Nah

But he's just joking

I don’t know if Tampa is going to be the designated home team or not, but they should fire the cannons after every score regardless since technically it is supposed to be a neutral field

Would love to see Tampa fans react to the cannons after a Mahomes to Kelce/Hill TD

I think technically the Bucs will be the visiting team since they are the lower seed. It will be interesting to see if that means they have to use the visiting locker room in their own stadium.

I think technically the Bucs will be the visiting team since they are the lower seed. It will be interesting to see if that means they have to use the visiting locker room in their own stadium.

they absolutely should. they earned the right to be there, yes - but KC earned the right to be the "home team." it's not complicated. same rules in place as usual.

EDIT well I guess the NFC is home team. either way, follow the same rules as always.

Last edited:

Yes, this isn't even a question. I am 100% confident that this will be the case, since this is a "road game" for the NFC. They will use the visitor's locker room, be listed at the top of the scoreboard with their opponent on the bottom, stand on the visitor's sideline, and call out the coin toss.

The game is in THEIR stadium, but they are technically the visiting team.

EDIT: Nvm, the NFC is actually the home team this year.

Tampa is the Home Team for the SB.

I *think* it was supposedly because "this year is the NFC's time to be the Home Team".

(Heard the above mentioned on ESPN a couple or so days ago.

They also mentioned how Tampa, of course, gets to use their own locker rooms.)

ETA: Found this: https://dknation.draftkings.com/202...wl-2020-home-team-away-team-decision-uniforms

Tampa is the Home Team for the SB.

I *think* it was supposedly because "this year is the NFC's time to be the Home Team".

(Heard the above mentioned on ESPN a couple or so days ago.

They also mentioned how Tampa, of course, gets to use their own locker rooms.)

ETA: Found this: https://dknation.draftkings.com/202...wl-2020-home-team-away-team-decision-uniforms

Yep, you're right. I had to think back to the 2018 season, because I remember how hyped up we all were that we were going to be the home team in Atlanta, using their locker room for what should have been OUR Super Bowl appearance.

The Superbowl is not on a neutral field. It is on a predetermined field. No one has been able to take advantage of that for homefield advantage though. And, honestly, without the crowd, is it really that big?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom