Chris Matthews Dresses Down Texas State Democratic Senator (Kirk Watson) regarding his support for Obama (1 Viewer)

It was hilarious. Watson played himself. Not quick on his toes at all.

The last Texan to flunk a pop quiz became President. I suspect MSNBC is atoning for the anti-Hillary stuff and wanting to seal the deal on the debate from which she threatened to bolt. This would drop MSNBC's viewership from 100,000 to 20,000.

>>This would drop MSNBC's viewership from 100,000 to 20,000.

Maybe. But smart people watch them. Of course with this being America and all, you can understand why they're a distant 3rd in the big cable news network ratings. :shrug:

TPS

Ouch! Matthews emasculates his guest. Even Stephanie Tubbs Johnson piles on. Perhaps, he should have let the guy off the hook.

Link to Wonkette story plus video clip.

http://wonkette.com/358440/chris-matthews-angrily-harasses-obama-supporter-to-death

Apparently Matthews angirly demanded a list of Obama's accomplishments. Fair enough.

Can anybody list for me Hilary Clinton's legislative accomplishments???

What are the things she has done other than be married to a President that has impacted our lives?

I'm not sure I really want someone who has been tainted by over a decade in Washington D.C. In keeping with Bismarck's maxim on lawmaking, in reality a long legislative record is probably strongly correlated to particiaption in graft, corruption and cynical deal making.

I'm fine with the outsider.

Last edited:
Just a guess here. I predict the Obama campaign does not trot this guy out for anymore press interviews.

>>This would drop MSNBC's viewership from 100,000 to 20,000.

Maybe. But smart people watch them. Of course with this being America and all, you can understand why they're a distant 3rd in the big cable news network ratings. :shrug:

TPS

its the only news network i watch.

for whatever that's worth.

but i do think that it's pretty "smart" compared to the others. matthews and scarborough are very intelligent, and i never liked pat buchanan as a politician but he's a great analyst. and his command of history and vocabulary is nothing short of impressive.

and like how there's viewpoints from the left (matthews, olberman) and the right (carlson and scarborough) on that network.

personally, i just can't watch lou dobbs or sean hannity or whoever. it's so drone.

Mathews and others are figuring it out. Obama's only platform is hope and change because he has not done anything he can stand on other than getting elected to the Senate. NOTHING.

Smart on Obama's part and sad for the US that someone who I think purposely avoids doing anything decisive so he does not collect any negative baggage to answer is thought to be a leader of change. That is funny when you think about it.

Would a company hire you to a senior position based solely on that candidates own word that he can do the job. Even though you haven't done anything, you know you can turn their company around.

Now people start asking tough questions of the Obama supporters?

I am not saying that he or his supporters cannot stand tough in a hard brutal campaign, but how in the hell do we know? This primary season has been more about a rock star mentality than I have ever seen before - and that is saying a lot.

Apparently Matthews angirly demanded a list of Obama's accomplishments. Fair enough.

Can anybody list for me Hilary Clinton's legislative accomplishments???

I could be wrong, but I don't think this is what Matthews was getting at.

Basically, he was dressing down a guy who claimed to be an ardent supporter of Obama yet apparently didn't know the first damned thing about his legislative record. Watson made a fool of himself. My guess is he'll be licking his wounds in the shadows for a while.

I am not saying that he or his supporters cannot stand tough in a hard brutal campaign, but how in the hell do we know?

What we do know is that moderates seem to be rejecting Hillary en masse. The Blues don't beat McCain without moderates. So if you're concerned about getting a Dem in the White House, the rock star may be your best choice.

Speaking of not standing tough in a hard brutal campaign, when do you think Hillary's gonna nail down a winning message? Or give a satisfactory answer for her support of the Iraq War?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom