Chris Mortensen HATES the Saints! (1 Viewer)

If I'm not mistaken, Mortensen predicted the Saints to go 2-14 before the season started. That obviouly didn't work out well for him. I do like Mort as a reporter because he does seem to get the inside scoop and break news before anyone else, but he's just not good at being an analyst.

Inside scoop???? What scoop ???? 99.9% of his scoop is usually wrong and way off base!!! Mort is entitled to his opinion but so am I and Mort isn't a good reportes, anaylst, expert, or for that matter a good person to get inside scoop from!!!!!

kool.jpg

I give him credit for the information he gets and puts out. His credibility in picking or evaluting teams is terrible..

<b>16% accuracy in predictions on a particular team means you're not doing a good job</b> and it CLEARLY shows he is biased against this team.

about the same prediction rate as a weatherman....

Mortensen hates them because they didn't move to Los Angeles like his "great sources" told him they would this year.

Golic, Hodge (most of the time), and Schlereth are the only ones who give informative, intelligent, insightful, and unbiased information.

Mortenson sucks the most probably, followed by Thiesman, then Salisbury

I believe he used to work for the Atlanta Journal Constitution and if you notice he's always speaking highly of the Falcons. He's a hater.

ESPN pays Mortensen for analysis and to get inside information. The picks are lagniappe, IMO. I doubt anyone is paying the "experts" to make predictions. They just do it because it provides material for them (and the viewers) to talk about.

I've worked in sports radio in new york...worked the NFL draft for Fox with Jay Glazer...you are 100% correct. These "expert" picks are complete and total filler. Most of what they're doing is. The guys that get the big money have the cell numbers of all the top athletes and GMs...and when they call the GMs or athletes pick up...do you really think Steven A. Smith would have a career if it weren't for his access to Iverson, Kobe, and Shack? It certainly ain't cause he's a smart, analytical guy. (from first hand experience he's a moron and a jerk)

You know I noticed this when I found he was the only one to pick against the Saints this week. I went back and found he picked us to win only once so far, against the Packers. His preseason prediction was that we'd go 2-14. I think his picks are keeping to that idea. I predict that the 49ers game is the only other time he picks us to win.

Who cares? He's a talking head. I've picked the Saints win sooooooo many times and guess what, I was wrong. I still pick the Saints to win but if Mort wants to stay on the ship while it's sinking, let him. Should we continue to win and he picks the opposing team, so be it.

I will laugh though when he picks us to win and we lose, that's when he's really gonna hate us.

is he not from Atlanta? Maybe that has something to do with it. I also hate when they all jump on the wagon, sems like it tends to jinx us.

Im not saying he doesnt have the right to think that.. im saying that he's ignorant, misinformed and overpaid.

im just stating facts:

1. According to him, the Saints should be 1-5.
2. With that being said, <b>he</b> is 1-5 (correct 16% of the time) when predicting Saints games
3. Anyone who calls themself an "expert" and gets paid a lot of money to do what they do should not be predicting less than 50% of their games wrong, in respect to any team.

<b>16% accuracy in predictions on a particular team means you're not doing a good job</b> and it CLEARLY shows he is biased against this team.

Ummmm i hate to do this but you are wrong.....
He picked the Saints over the Packers and he picked the Panthers over the Saints which makes him 2-4 which is 33.3% not 16%. It isn't stellar but its not the end of the world......

It's nice to know that these arguments have been going on for years and will probably go on for time immemorial. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom