Chris Myers and Ronde Barber for NO-SF Week 9 (1 Viewer)

Lynch Barber and Barber Lynch? I don't have a problem with them, or Sam Rosen, or whoever we draw for commentary. I remember when Chris Myers hosted the weekly "Bum Phillips Show". The theme song was the instrumental riff from John Cougar's "I need a lover who won't drive me crazy". It that isn't the Saints for 50 years, I don't know what is.

For as much flack as some of us give Ronde Barber, I think he did a decent job yesterday and was quite complementary of the Saints. He's certainly no math major, but he's not as bad as many describe him to be.

For as much flack as some of us give Ronde Barber, I think he did a decent job yesterday and was quite complementary of the Saints. He's certainly no math major, but he's not as bad as many describe him to be.

I agree. Chris isn't bad and Ronde truly does respect the Saints.. specifically Drew Brees. I think by Ronde' playing against him (and getting burned a few times) & now breaking down his play in the booth, he has a even higher level of respect for #9 now.

Did y'all miss the part where Chris Myers said:

FOX Sports Chris Myers Apologizes for Insensitive Katrina Remarks: Should He Be Suspended? | Huffington Post

Here’s what Myers had to say while filling in on the Dan Patrick Show, “My best is and maybe it’s a little corny, but I like it. It’s a great country here. We have disastrous issues where people pull together and help themselves and I thought the people in Tennessee, unlike and I’m not going to name names. When a natural disaster hits, people were not standing on a rooftop trying to blame the government, okay, they helped each other out through this.”

Wait, there’s more.

Myers continued, “Middle Tennessee where a lot of hardworking, tax-paying, legal American citizens have been affected by the floods and are trying to rebuild their lives and they are helping out and I think that other people around the country, of course the music industry in and around Nashville helping, without making a big deal out of it and I think that’s a good thing.”

Or the part where in the Saints' greatest moment in the Dome, he wants to be petty with Benson on the podium after beating the Vikings:

"Aren't you glad you didn't move the team now...."

He has a beef with NO/Saints. Pretty clear.

At one point, Barber said that we were seeing a "reemergence of Colin Kaepernick." No, we weren't. We were seeing a down-and-out QB playing against a very questionable defense, a defense which surrendered over 500 yards to a now 1-7 team and that Barber later called "improved."

Myers is my least favorite NFL commentator by a wide margin. He's akin to that guy who's sitting at a bar, about 3 drinks in, watching the game and just vocalizing every thought that enters his head, a significant percentage of which are either baseless or so close to being correct that you get furious about them being wrong. He might say something of worth now and again, but you generally just want him to shut up as he detracts from your enjoyment of the game.

I guess my gripes about Myers and Barber have nothing to do with a perceived bias (I don't really detect one from either of them), but more to do with them being sub-par at their jobs.

Ultimately though, I'm nitpicking, and since we won the game, that's all that mattered.

Barber, within a 5 minute span yesterday, was messing up stuff left and right:

1. Referred to (Brandin) Cooks as "Brooks" after making a reception...

2. After a strong run, called our RB "Jim" Hightower...

3. Best of all, talked about "the Saints' 10 pt. lead... no wait 11 pts.,, no that's not right, umm.. 15 pts.!!! Myers got a kick out of that and Barber said math wasn't his strong point...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom