Chris Rose: 60 seconds with Steve Gleason (1 Viewer)

doctorj

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I will let him speak for himself.

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://wvue.img.entriq.net/dayportcore/dpm/DayPortPlayers.js"></script><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">DayPortPlayer.newPlayer({articleID:"28940",bannerAdConDefID:"13",videoAdObjectID:"12",videoAdConDefID:"5",accPos:"CCTVI.NEWS.LOCAL",accSite:"WVUE",playVideoAds:"true",isDevMode:"false",slideShow:"false",idmMarkerID:"Shadowbox10ceb77a2c88482d96870ec43d49431f",autoPlay:"false",categoryID:"3",playerInstanceID:"68C8B159-BF06-A4F1-D73D-81F034362211",domain:"wvue.web.entriq.net",playerType:"Dayport"});</script>

What an amazing person and an inspiration. How can you not love this guy? It is sad to see him like this, but he seems he has made peace with it. He's been given a time frame and has decided to LIVE what life he has left. Just awesome. God bless you , Steve.

For some reason I thought it might be much worse with slurred speech. But he sounds great and I understood everything he said clearly. He definitely hasn't lost any capacity for thought and conveying his thoughts.

Now this Chris Rose fella scares the heck out of me. Yikes.

I know this might be a little forward but does anyone know how much more time he has? Hope the best for him, he seems like a great person.

I know this might be a little forward but does anyone know how much more time he has? Hope the best for him, he seems like a great person.

Unless you are someone like Stephen Hawkings who can afford all the life saving equipment and personnel (and more power to him, his mind is a world asset), it usually runs about 3 years from diagnosis to death. Because of Steve's foundation and research work being done he might be able to stretch it out an extra year, maybe two, tho that does depend on how fast it us progressing. I am one of those that is truly hoping for a breakthrough in time for Steve!

Anyway...I can barely type with all this dust and smoke in this room. I gotta go...do something over in another general area.

Unless you are someone like Stephen Hawkings who can afford all the life saving equipment and personnel (and more power to him, his mind is a world asset), it usually runs about 3 years from diagnosis to death. Because of Steve's foundation and research work being done he might be able to stretch it out an extra year, maybe two, tho that does depend on how fast it us progressing. I am one of those that is truly hoping for a breakthrough in time for Steve!

Don't forget the effect of an individual's own attitude and support system. Someone who caves in with depression and resignation at the diagnosis will generally not make it as long as someone with Gleason's reaction of hope and faith and determination. And his family's support--including his Saints family--is tremendous.

Thank you for sharing this interview with us doctorj.

No words can do justice to the way Steve inspires anyone who listens to what he has to say. I am sure that being a new father has a lot to do with it, but it is who he is. Steve is the same man who blocked that punt and will live on forever in the hearts of all Saints fans and all his teammates and coaches.

He lives his life with the same attitude that propelled him to block that punt. That kind of go for it mentality is how he will live the rest of his life.

God bless you, Steve. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and heart and soul with the rest of us.

We are so much better for having known you (albeit from a distance for most of us).

such a great post!

Steve is so freakin inspirational and he is now a true hero in every sense of the word. I kept thinking back to Monday and seeing Drew mouth the words "I love you" to Steve after the record pass. This team and everyone that has been involved with it has such a bond as we have with them and as a city. I wish or hope that I will get a chance to meet Steve soon, whether that happens or not he has left a mark with me.

I miss Steve on the field in Black and Gold.

I'm gonna miss him a lot more, later.......

Love the guy to pieces. 34 is about 60 years early for someone like him to be scheduled to leave this plane.

Gotta admit, Steve Gleason was one of my favorite SAINTS when he first put on the B&G to become a SAINT! Something about his energy, making the TEAM not as our best Safty by a long shot but with his high revving motor on Sp. Teams. When he'd enter a game @ Safty ( very rare) I'd look for his play as he would struggle to overcome his shortcomings as a physical presence but giving it his all from a mentally tough perspective. That's what gave him his Sp. Teams acumen.

Then, THE PLAY! I was in the Plaza Level, toward the endzone The Block happend, saw it coming as Steve blew through the blocking and as he hit that ball in perfect position and then DeLoach covered, scored and then (I think) dunked the ball!

Thanks Steve for your amazing example of living life as it comes and to it's fullest! I love me some SAINTS and the character sports gives us all a chance to experience to lift us all up. Let's all lift up Steve in his challenge as he gives us so much as well!
Happy New Year and thanks for the post!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom