Chris Rose fired from WVUE... (1 Viewer)

In New Orleans it's always fair to ask if you ticked someone off.

They afforded his luxury for a while now, then suddenly he's not as popular, support goes fast.

Either way, I'm indifferent. I liked his writing, but wasn't such a fan that I actively looked for his articles.

His writing is good. But it doesn't translate to the camera in my opinion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I've never been a huge fan of his like some people are.

I guess he's finding out that when you're a Pulitzer finalist, it's hard for people to afford you.

I agree. I don't dislike him and appreciate what he has accomplished and the much-needed attention that his pieces have gained the city. But to me there has always been a certain contrived nature to his writing that better writers are able to transcend.

someone mentioned DJ Davis in the "least liked characters" thread
not sure if they mean the character steve zahn plays - or the character that the real like Davis plays

anyway Chris Rose reminds me of Davis's time at 'OZ - fan favorite that might have been a little more than management was willing to deal with

I used to enjoy his pieces pre-Katrina that consisted of him stalking celebrities and writing snarky comments on the "talents" of new-age bimbos like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson. But his "serious" turn during the dark days post-Katrina quickly wore on me. Many identified with his writing then, but I found it whiny and melodramatic after the 3rd or 4th "where has my city gone, I'm crying myself to sleep every night" essay. And then his month-long rampage on Emeril, who made a couple of off-hand remarks privately at a party about the local politicians, caused Rose to completely lose me as a fan.

medium_RoseMug.JPG

Looks Like...

randy-blythe-cd-autograph-01.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom