Chris Simms QB School: New Orleans Saints' Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

He's reading the D like any RPO QB. He is not going through a route tree progression, instead if the D plays the run then you pass and vice versa.TH may turn out to be this rare late blossoming QB but usually that's not the case. Until we see him do things that other QBs do in a regular season game, it's all speculation based on a very small sample size.

I'm curious how you know what he is looking at or for or what he sees. Good QBs use their body and especially their eyes to misdirect defenses. Add to that the fact you have no idea what the actual play was that was called so you don't know who was primary, secondary and check etc.

I hear the same BS regurgitated about Teddy and Taysom, Game Manager, One read and run. When I see people just repeating talking points I begin to suspect it's more about politics than Football savey.

Payton knows what play was called. He knows if Taysom was making the reads he was supposed to, we don't.

Last edited:
If you don't like Chris Simms that is not really relevant to the threat unless the goal is to try and shame me for posting it. Oh... and good like with that. I don't shame or cower to peer pressure.
I don't think anyone is trying to shame you for posting it or trying to attack you personally.

I think people just don't want to pass up an opportunity to make fun of Chris Simms.

It's hard to imagine anyone who is worse at evaluating QB play and QB talent than Chris Simms. His short tenure and stunningly poor play when he was in the NFL, coupled with his misses by gargantuan amounts on his prognostications, qualify him as perhaps the worst talking head to ever be involved with the sport.

I HATE his commercial with Kurt Warner. Watch it, over 90 percent of it is him making stupid facial expressions. I won't lose sleep if he loses his job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom