Chris Simms: Taysom Hill has the Edge over Jameis Winston for Starting Role (1 Viewer)

I'll save everyone the trouble and say it's from Chris Simms. Definitely no friend of ours here in the Who Dat Nation.

I think it's hilarious that instead of using his name in the headline they just put "League Analyst". Maybe that's common practice for this website but I feel like most opinion articles I see out there they usually lead with the name of the analyst giving the opinion. Especially when that analyst has a role on the SNF pre-game national broadcast.

Makes me suspect they knew leading with Chris Simms wouldn't have gotten them the clicks they wanted.

I think it's hilarious that instead of using his name in the headline they just put "League Analyst". Maybe that's common practice for this website but I feel like most opinion articles I see out there they usually lead with the name of the analyst giving the opinion. Especially when that analyst has a role on the SNF pre-game national broadcast.

Makes me suspect they knew leading with Chris Simms wouldn't have gotten them the clicks they wanted.
Or it was just a low-level, no name, analytics guy for some team that they knew “NFL Analyst” would generate more interest than their real name… either way, it’s just blind speculation to generate clicks.

Spoiler alert: Simms purposely has takes that are unlikely so if one pans out he thinks he will look smart. He was a 3rd rate QB and his commentary skills are significantly worse than that.

Or it was just a low-level, no name, analytics guy for some team that they knew “NFL Analyst” would generate more interest than their real name… either way, it’s just blind speculation to generate clicks.
What team do I work with?

We’ve seen what Taylor could do in his starts last year, not reassuring. To me his biggest issue is not being able to read and throw quickly enough. And that’s hard to fix. And then there’s the turnovers.

Jameis’ is very good when he’s on. His issues with turnovers seem to be easier to fix.

And the bonus with Winston starting is we can keep using Taysom as a gadget guy, and he’s deadly in that role. Start Taysom and we essentially have no way to replace his other role in the offense as there are no others like him.

I would love to get in on the betting in this so called "QB competition" lmao. Man this reminds me when they said there would be a QB competition between Bobby Hebert and Steve Walsh, didn't go for it then not falling for it now. Very simliar to then, this one was over before it started

Right that dude Chris Simms.......my momma said if I didn't have anything nice to say don't say nothing at all. Dude is a hack 🤣. Um this article 🤔. Said the mistakes Jameis had over the years? Bro he had 1 bad year where he threw 30 INTs. It's an anomaly. Other years were less INTs cmon man
Right that dude Chris Simms.......my momma said if I didn't have anything nice to say don't say nothing at all. Dude is a hack 🤣. Um this article 🤔. Said the mistakes Jameis had over the years? Bro he had 1 bad year where he threw 30 INTs. It's an anomaly. Other years were less INTs cmon man

Dude, for the record. For his career, Jamis has 121 passing TD’s and 138 turnovers. Tampa dumped him for a reason.

For the record, when was the last time Taysom played a complete season at quarterback at any level? High School?

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
Both want the job. Should be a battle
I kinda give Taysom the upper hand
The dude has done everything we've asked of him. If he comes out on fire the job will be his to lose
Taysoms style will be hard on his body so I'm glad we have both qbs going forward.
Jameis has a shot to get the job as well, that's all he wants is another chance .
Both are hungry....should be fun

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom