Chris Simms: Taysom Hill has the Edge over Jameis Winston for Starting Role (4 Viewers)

.......and he threw for 5,000yrds and 30tds that year. Payton Manning had a 20+ interception season....it happens.
Not to mention Brett Favre was an interception machine yet he has a gold jacket!

He didn't say anything too crazy though.
Exactly. He literally says “if it comes down to it” and makes a prediction. I’m wondering if he watched the same guy (Hill) throw last year. I love Taysom but the talent between he and Jameis in throwing the ball is easily seen by anyone who watches. The title is misleading.

.......and he threw for 5,000yrds and 30tds that year. Payton Manning had a 20+ interception season....it happens.
Here we go again with the “5000 yards!” And the “30 TDs!” (It was actual 33 btw) like that means something when you turn the ball over like crazy and you lose games?

In 2015 Blake Bortles threw for 4500yrds, 35tds and “only” 18 ints (compared to Winston’s 30, full disclosure he also fumbled 14 times, but Winston fumbled 12 so bit of a wash) so I guess the Packers should just go ahead and trade Rodgers then right? I mean they’ve got BLAKE BORTLES?! Who, just like Jameis Winston, has Peyton Manning potential because of all those yards & TDs right? You guys crack me up.

3-1 while sweeping a division rival ain't too shabby 👍

Did you watch those games?? Don't forget that Tebow also won like 8 in a row while looking like burnt toast.

I hope Hill improves greatly but he left a lot to be desired in those games.

I will say it again. Just wait for the competition to play out. There is no reason to crown a winner just yet.

We'll see both QBs in 2021, guaranteed. And you can "book it" that we'll see Mr. Book a few times, too.
Probably right we'll see some of both, but Book may not even be active unless one is nicked.

A few inconvenient truths......

Winston will either learn to protect the ball, or .........he won't be QBing very long. As, Sean has little tolerance for turn overs.

Hill will either learn to be a west coast, rhythm passer in Sean's offense (in one off season).......or he won't be the starter. Because Sean isn't going to change his offensive philosophy, he has had since Dallas. To play Taysom ball for a whole season, unless he has to.

Prediction: If Taysom is going to be the starter. We will know at the end of training camp. He would be declared the starter very early, because he will be taking every snap in practice. Because he will need almost all the snaps going into preseason. Hill only has 4 games under center in the NFL. Trevor and Winston have a few yrs under center. No way Sean waits till the end of preseason to make the call.

None of them? I see you penned the article, so who was the “NFL Analyst”? Was it Simms?…. And you just left his name out of it because you know Saints fans (even the “Hillites”) don’t think his opinion has any value?
Ehh, value? Simms still has a job with NBC so his takes has value. Maybe not to Hill and Winston stans, but to his network it does.

Did you watch those games?? Don't forget that Tebow also won like 8 in a row while looking like burnt toast.

I hope Hill improves greatly but he left a lot to be desired in those games.

I will say it again. Just wait for the competition to play out. There is no reason to crown a winner just yet.
I watched all of those games… more than once. Considering they were Taysom Hill’s 1st 4 career starts at QB… and he hadn’t started a game at QB (or focused exclusively as a QB) for like 4-5 years (since his time at BYU), I was impressed!

The fumbling was definitely an issue that has to be corrected, but I believe it can be… and his anticipatory throws also need work, but that’s to be expected from a QB making his first 4 starts…

My big question is this… After Taysom Hill is named the Saints starting QB (which I honestly believe he will be), will the Winston supporters support him and his development/ascension, or will you all continue to dump on him every time he makes a mistake and continue to push for wINsTon to take over?

Right that dude Chris Simms.......my momma said if I didn't have anything nice to say don't say nothing at all. Dude is a hack 🤣. Um this article 🤔. Said the mistakes Jameis had over the years? Bro he had 1 bad year where he threw 30 INTs. It's an anomaly. Other years were less INTs cmon man

I like Winston and am pulling for him and think Chris Simms is about as terrible as it gets however it's not just INT's. Winston also has 50 career fumbles under his belt to go with all of those INT's.

I hope nobody gets too dug in on either of these guys. This isn't Montana vs. Young, it's closer to Hobert vs. Tolliver. At least one (if not both) will be playing somewhere else in 2022.

If one of them steps up and take the role, fantastic, but until that happens I'm steeling myself for what will be the worst season of quarterback play we've seen since at least 2005.

Here we go again…. Chris Simms has interjected his wisdom into the quarterback question in New Orleans. Taysom or Winston? Why does anyone take this guy seriously. He was a mediocre college QB and buckups backup in the NFL. Besides most of his assessments are poorly thought out and don’t reflect reality. The only reason he’s still in the spotlight, low wattage, is due to lineage.

I just find it weird that there are people that have literally listened to Sean gush over how much he loves Taysom for 3 seasons and how he sees him as a QB (and "next guy in the building")....

And ignore the fact that Taysom has been learning from Sean and Drew for several seasons already. (while playing multiple offensive positions within that same offense)....

While also completely brushing aside that Sean already picked Taysom to start over Winston last year when the season was on the line.... It's... Weird.

I think it's pretty clear that it's Tasyom's job to lose. (Sean is a pretty loyal guy to the players he gushes over - Almost to a fault) And all things being equal in the competition.... Winston will have to clearly beat him out to take the job from him... If it's close.... Taysom wins.

If Winston is clearly better, and beats Taysom... That's awesome for our team - Because he will have beaten out a very talented player, that has more tenure, that the coaches and FO love, and he will have earned Sean's trust.... But the loser is gone at the end of the year.... And it's definitely no where near a shoe in for Winston that some fans and people in the media seem to want to make it out to be for whatever reason.

In all actuality... just based on what has occurred so far... It's Taysom's job to lose.... and a good problem to have if both guys perform.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom