Chris Simms: Tyreek, Amari, and Mike Evans > Michael Thomas (1 Viewer)

Hold on, just gonna check the last time any player or team needed Chris Simms' approval to win a championship....

.... Nope, never. You carry on Chris, because you don't matter.

Chris Simms is a clown.

Receptions, yards:

Hill: 33 for 543 yards.
Cooper: 56 for 886 yards.
Evans: 58 for 993 yards.

Thomas: 94 for 1,141 yards.

Thomas is on pace for 150 receptions for 1,826 yards.

NFL Record for a season for receptions is held by Marvin Harrison and is 143 receptions set in 2002.

NFL Record for yards in a season is held by Calvin Johnson at 1,964 yards, set in 2012 . (Thomas is on pace for fifth-best all-time season in receiving yards right now.)

So, Chris Simms says that Michael Thomas is the fourth-best WR playing today, but is on pace to break and potentially challenge TWO all-time single-season wide receiver records. You don't even need to hold my beer on that one.

Last edited:
Basically, his whole argument comes down to he's not fast.

No he's not. But he does literally everything else at an elite level.

Such a cop out for Simms. CGM runs an incredible detailed and intense route. His footwork and little things are second to none. With his reach and strength, it’s not about being fast. It’s running a smooth and explosive route to create separation and get open. CGM does this by far better than anyone in the league and it’s very evident in that even with TB throwing to him he was a catch vacuum.

Micheal Thomas has had 1 game with less than 4 catches (3 catches) in his career. He doesn't disappear from seasons, let alone games.

I'm not going to say Cooper and Evans aren't great WRs, but Evans has 9 such games in the last 4 years at quick glance, and Cooper has 17 such games. So while each is certainly capable of the big game, so is Thomas, and frankly Thomas is also good enough to grind out games every single week. He just doesn't disappear and can't be taken away by opposing teams. Does it help having a great offensive mind in Payton and QB in Brees? Of course. But as we saw during Brees' absence this season, it's not all about Drew.

Now, as to Hill. I'll entertain the argument that he might be the more "dangerous" receiver. But not better. Hill may be the guy who slits your throat quickly before you saw it coming, but Thomas is death by 1,000 paper cuts, even as you try to stop the paper from coming. Not being able to stop that, to me, is more impressive and harmful to the other team.

Now let’s just remember this guy has no skins on the wall as an x-NFL player and calling that is even a stretch but in his defense all these TV know it alls pretty much fit in the same category. I will say I do like Shannon Sharpe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom