Christian mcaffrey... (1 Viewer)

McCaffrey is a good player, but he has some flaws in his game that Kamara just doesn't have. Kamara is a true all-purpose running back.

McCaffrey is an incredible player and has lived up to his pre draft billing. he is the Panthers offense and the reason why they are 6-3. If he was playing in New Orleans behind that offensive line and beside Drew Brees he would be even better. I dont see the need to run the young man down.

The comparison to Kamara will always cause problems for the more Homer-esque around here, but the truth is it's unnecessary.

CMC has proven that he is a very talented player and worthy of being a top 10 pick. Those saying he can't run the ball are just showing that they don't watch the games... His YPC are higher than Kamara's and his line isn't as good. Another consideration is that, just like Drew makes everyone around him better, Cam makes everyone around him worse. He can't throw with accuracy or anticipation, he checks INTO bad plays and he plays his worst football in his biggest games.

CMC being great doesn't make Kamara worse just like D-Hop doesn't make Michael Thomas less dominant. There can be good players elsewhere in the NFCS. I'm just grateful that no one in Carolina seems to realise that their QB is a RB in disguise.

McCaffrey is an incredible player and has lived up to his pre draft billing. he is the Panthers offense and the reason why they are 6-3. If he was playing in New Orleans behind that offensive line and beside Drew Brees he would be even better. I dont see the need to run the young man down.

Agreed. C-Mac is a stud. I hate that he’s a Panther, but I’m still a fan of his. Norv is using him much more effectively than they did last season, but his pass-blocking is bad. He should be out on routes in those situations.

one thing I don't like about mcaffrey is that he just goes down way too easily

If he played for any other team outside the NFC South, this board would be gushing about his big plays.

That "overrated" player ripped us to pieces in the last game we played against them.
Ripped us to pieces?

He couldn't rush the ball to save his life 16 yards on 2.7 YPC.
Sure he had a nice receiving game but half of his yards came on one play. Take away one big play and he had a very pedestrian game both rushing and receiving. That's nothing close to "ripping us to pieces."

He can't block for crap, which means he would probably struggle to see the field here. That being said, you have to give credit where it's due. The kid isn't being used right at all and is put in positions that work against his strengths and yet he still produces.

If he played for any other team outside the NFC South, this board would be gushing about his big plays.

That "overrated" player ripped us to pieces in the last game we played against them.

I had to go look it up, because I didn't remember McCaffrey ripping anyone to pieces in the WC game...

That game, he rushed for 16 yards in 6 attempts, and one run was 7 yards. Receiving, he went 6 for 101, but one single play accounted for 56 yards. So unless you consider 1 play ripping the Saints to pieces...

The previous game, he again went 6 for 16 rushing, and 5 for 33 receiving, with 1 single play accounting for 21 yards.

The previous game, yet again, he only gained 16 yards rushing, although in 4 attempts this time (a little better), with a a long of 7. Receiving, he had a good day, though, 9 for 101.

He has yet to "rip the Saints to pieces".

That dude can’t block a blitz pick up for nothing. These defenders are just bulldozing through at Cam lmao.
He actually did well as far as assignments in protection. The guys he was asked to block were so much bigger. Tough assignment

The only thing he isn't good at is pass protection...and apparently he's really bad at it. Otherwise he's really fast, versatile, has great hands and is shifty. But don't ask him to block anyone.

That all by itself decreases his value as a player. When he’s in, you bring an extra rusher and it’s instant pressure.

He’s still young, but McCaffrey could be another example of a player who is very good at some things but has such a glaring weakness in one area that it limits his usefulness. Like RB who can’t catch or TE that can’t run block, when you put him in it takes certain options off the table.

He's a good scat back. Good at outside runs and catching passes. He doesn't have the arse to force through tackles and block.

Kamara is a more complete back (Ingram too really).

Ya...Was never a big fan of Mccaffrey. I was worried we were gonna draft him last year. Thank god the Panthers overdrafted him where they did. He’s exactly who i thought he was gonna be. Mccaffrey is basically the new version of Reggie Bush.
I was trying to remember if Reggie was an adequate blocker (I have to assume he was)
But Reggie and CMC lack ‘sand’ as coach like to say
Sproles is probably a better blocker than both bc his center of gravity is so much lower
AK is a damn fine blocker and is learning to run inside- 2 things that will always make him more valuable/useful than CMC

He's not a complete back. Probably never will be which is sad because I know he put on some weight to help. Like Reggie, he can be very effective in the right situation/match up but it'd be silly to consider him a workhorse type. I think he'd be better off as just a slot guy. He's still pretty ok but not great like Kamara where Kamara can do it all if need be. Feels like another "thor" situation in this thread :sneaky:.

Last edited:
Good but not great. He's like a top scorer in basketball who is also a liability on defense.
He scores three times but gives up three sacks and his team loses by three touchdowns. He is still a good player just not in pass protection. Teams will try to use that against the kittens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom