Christian McCaffrey done for the season (1 Viewer)

Yup. We have our own version of that … well several actually.

Turner
Davenport
Thomas
Armstead
Peat
Man I have never seen one position on the Saints with more invested capital and less playing time and availability than DE. It's hard to put into words. And Turner is less available than Dav I didn't even think that was possible

That is our struggle this year with AK. Best receiver gone. QB gone. 2nd RB gone (until Ingram). Taysom gone. We have had to use him much more than we have in the past. That is one reason I think we will be a much different & better team with Taysom as QB , with no #1 receiver, if you have Ingram & AK available. Hill has the ability to do some of the running (if not hit in the head or toe :rolleyes:).

cam-newton.jpg

just me and you now, towel buddy

McCaffrey is a bum. As soon as he got paid, he stopped really caring. I don't think he wants to be there tbh. He's always injured, I'm tired of this guy. If he isn't making the effort to play, it's time to move on.

McCaffrey is a bum. As soon as he got paid, he stopped really caring. I don't think he wants to be there tbh. He's always injured, I'm tired of this guy. If he isn't making the effort to play, it's time to move on.
I see what you did there

Joking aside Car needs a QB, I'd be more than happy to send them Hill for CMAC straight up

Emmitt ran behind one of the most dominant lines I have ever seen, I am talking 5 yard wide holes and he wouldn't be touched for another five yards down the field. Larry Allen and that line are legendary.

Problem today is the NFL has moved more to the Alvin Kamara type back and moved away from the Jerome Bettis type bruisers. They are pass catchers and receivers as well as RB's and their size suffers as a result. CMC is a prime example
That line was good,but overrated imo. Emmits backups didn't have a lot of success behind the same line. I also believe
Emmitt may be the most underrated Rb in history despite being the all time leading rusher. His best attribute was the
ability to make subtle moves to avoid the first would be tackler. A good running game often depends on the Rb beating
their man as well. Emmit did it on a regular basis.

That line was good,but overrated imo. Emmits backups didn't have a lot of success behind the same line. I also believe
Emmitt may be the most underrated Rb in history despite being the all time leading rusher. His best attribute was the
ability to make subtle moves to avoid the first would be tackler. A good running game often depends on the Rb beating
their man as well. Emmit did it on a regular basis.
Yeah man I am not sure how to respond to that Emmitt had the best line in football and one the best the league has ever seen. Larry Allen is considered by most to the best guard to ever play

Barry was the one behind the makeshift line that made something out of nothing. Emmitt wasn't touched for 5 yards plays. Not sure what era you are remembering or forgetting lol

Yeah man I am not sure how to respond to that Emmitt had the best line in football and one the best the league has ever seen.

Barry was the one behind the makeshift line that made something out of nothing. Emmitt wasn't touched for 5 yards plays. Not sure what era you are remembering or forgetting lol
Barry played behind an O-line with All Pro Kevin Glover at center and All Pro LT Lomas Brown. He also had All Pro WR.
Herman Moore on the offensive side. Barry wasn't running behind a makeshift line in Detroit. It was far from it.

My vote for the best all time would be the Raiders of the early 70's. They had 4 hall of famers in the starting line up.
LT Art Shell, LG Gene Upshaw,C Jim Otto and RT Bob Brown. I know my eras and history . The only Hof'er Emmitt ran
behind in Dallas was Larry Allen and he didn't come along until 1994.

Barry played behind an O-line with All Pro Kevin Glover at center and All Pro LT Lomas Brown. He also had All Pro WR.
Herman Moore on the offensive side. Barry wasn't running behind a makeshift line in Detroit. It was far from it.

My vote for the best all time would be the Raiders of the early 70's. They had 4 hall of famers in the starting line up.
LT Art Shell, LG Gene Upshaw,C Jim Otto and RT Bob Brown. I know my eras and history . The only Hof'er Emmitt ran
On no planet can you compare Detroits line to the one Dallas had in their heyday, not even remotely comparable

Kevin Glover was never All Pro, though he did make 3 probowls. Lomas Brown was All Pro once, but did make several probowls.

We are not the only team in the division with issues. Tampa has no QB, Atlanta has a QB who is being paid a mountain of money and is past his prime, Carolina has no QB and then there is this.....

I figured it was best to just add to this thread. Kind of amazing that the Panthers might be done with CMC so soon. Trade "speculation" (not even a wild rumor, but some internet jockey's idea) would be to send him to Buffalo for Beasley and a third and fifth round pick. That seems nuts, but CMC can't stay healthy and has a huge price tag left.

His contract has 4 years at $44 million left on it and he has played in only ten games over the last two years. Carolina also does not have picks in the second or third round of the 2022 draft. They have six choices in the draft. Their own first- and fifth-rounders, the Rams' fourth (from a trade with Houston) so pick #32 in that round, the Jaguars' fifth-rounder (at least that is early), the Raiders' sixth-rounder, and the Titans' seventh-rounder (from a trade with Miami). What a mess...hahaha

You draft a Slot WR masquerading as a running back after accumulating 632 carries in college and be surprised he gets injury prone after making him take 99% of the snaps. yikes.

Just put him in that Deebo Samuel Role... Quit forcing him to be a running back. He was never built to take NFL hits.

Already done for the season? A bit early but it’s surely coming…!
CMAC is a cautionary tale for an extremely talented player that lands in the wrong situation.

For his entire career… when he’s healthy… the Panthers just go to him non-stop until he gets hurt again! They never mix it up or get another RB to take some hard inside runs… It’s just CMC all the time!!!

If CMAC would’ve landed with a good offense and a coach that treated him like Kamara when Brees was here and healthy… he’d be helping that team contend!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom