Christian McCaffrey not expected to play this Sunday (1 Viewer)

That backup running back is a beast, although Chicago was able to shut him down.

The 100 yard yard streak by our defense could come to an end Sunday.
Sometimes the worst thing a team can do is assume that their opponent is 'done' without their star player. At least while McCaffrey was in there it was easy to know who to key in on. Now the playbook opens up a bit more and may reveal those talented players who were just waiting to get their chance to shine.

We can't allow some new guy to look better than the guy he is replacing. :shocked:

The Saints are going to stop the run. I'm not worried about Mike Davis. He hasn't cracked 100 yards and I doubt he has his first one against the Saints. Davis has been good in the passing game but he's no CMC.

Shame. I'd hope he play hurt and continue to be overrated.

I thought he was overrated coming into the draft. I couldn't have been more wrong, he has far exceeded (unfortunately) my expectations for him.

I mean the guy has been basically his team's offense for the last 2 years. Last year he had over 1300 yards rushing and over 1000 receiving. For 2 years in a row he has logged over 100 catches. I can't really see how anyone would think he is overrated.

Up until very recently he has been very durable, but they need to limit his touches I think if they want him to have a long career....

I thought he was overrated coming into the draft. I couldn't have been more wrong, he has far exceeded (unfortunately) my expectations for him.

I mean the guy has been basically his team's offense for the last 2 years. Last year he had over 1300 yards rushing and over 1000 receiving. For 2 years in a row he has logged over 100 catches. I can't really see how anyone would think he is overrated.

Up until very recently he has been very durable, but they need to limit his touches I think if they want him to have a long career....
Yards don't win games and he sure is a loser.

His usage rate, win share, clutch stats, efficiency per snap is horrible.

He can get all the empty yards and be a top tier loser.

He had 13 TD's in 2018 and 19 in 2019. He has an over 80% catch rate over those 2 years of full time starting and he averaged right around 5 yards a carry. I'm not familiar with the stats you quote above so I can't comment on them, but if you want to expound on them and provide some analysis that would be great. Not a big deal either way though. One thing I would add is that he is playing behind a below average offensive line also...

That backup running back is a beast, although Chicago was able to shut him down.

The 100 yard yard streak by our defense could come to an end Sunday.

Davis has only rushed for 100 yards once in his entire career, and that was over two years ago.

The Saints haven’t allowed a 100-yard rusher in 48 games, or three full seasons.

Davis has played well as a backup and they can’t forget about him. But he’s not CMac and he’s not breaking the streak.

Those seem more like metrics that you'd use to judge a QB's performance. Win share? For a RB? I'm not familiar with those stats but I'd like to see how his numbers compare to other RBs.

The thing about CMC is that he's been able to put up these massive numbers despite being the focus of every defensive game plan each week. Last season the man rushed for 1,387 yards and caught 116 passes for 1,005 yards. He scored 19 total TDs. Only three players in NFL history have gone for 1,000 rushing and 1,000 receiving. Roger Craig, Marshall Faulk, and CMC.

So his clutch stats and win share aren't great but still, the dude has put up some big time numbers. I'm all for bashing rival teams and their players but I can't pretend like CMC is a bum.

I guess I'm in the minority when I find this news a little disappointing. I want to see our best dominate their best. I hate when convenient excuses are already written into the script.

I guess I'm in the minority when I find this news a little disappointing. I want to see our best dominate their best. I hate when convenient excuses are already written into the script.

I agree, if we are as good as we think we are, then prove it....

I just want the win and for New Orleans to stay healthy. When the game's over, no one's going to remember anything about the result except whether it's a W or a L

freeneyjpg-92a516813d40a517.jpg

Freeney was ineffective, so ill take it ;)

"not expected to play" and "not playing" are two completely different things.
I fully expect him to be out there Sunday until I see him listed as "Out" on the injury report.

I feel like this is the post i typically read before a 'questionable to play' player puts up a MVP performance against our defense...

Maybe its just PTSD..

I’m still haunted by a game from over 20 years ago, when I went to New Orleans to see the Saints play the Cardinals... I chose that game because I thought it was one that the Saints could actually win...

Then some unknown RB named LeShon Johnson went-OFF for over 200 yards rushing and a pair of TDs vs the Saints.

It suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom