Christmas Eve 2017 Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Boondock

Veritas Aequitas
Reaction score
I figured, that since we are all but eliminated from playoff contention, that I would take the time to usher in the hopes and expectations of a new football year!

Hopefully 2017 with be full of health and good fortune for our Saints and each and every Who Dat! Here is my first mock draft of the new year:

1st Rd. Derek Barnett / DE / Tennessee

Derek Barnett | Tennessee, DE : 2018 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

There is no one in the country who has been more productive as a pass rusher in the past 3 seasons than Derek Barnett. Not to mention he has done it in America's premiere conference! He recently broke the University of Tennessee's all-time sack record previously held by Reggie White.

2nd Rd. Taylor Moton / OL / Western Michigan

Taylor Moton | Western Michigan, OT : 2017 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

He plays LT for the most impressive offense in the MAC. He has a polished, all around skill set. Moton can drop into a pass protection set or ground and pound! Taylor Moton is an excellent offensive lineman that could play anywhere along the offensive line giving Payton flexibility and depth.

3rd Rd. Steven Taylor / LB / Houston

Steven Taylor | Houston, OLB : 2017 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Taylor has the ability to rush the passer, drop into coverage and hustle from sideline-to-sideline against the run. He would be an immediate impact player on special teams and could stand some grooming as he learns our defense behind Robertson and Ellerbe.

4th Rd. Cole Hikutini / TE / Louisville

Cole Hikutini | Louisville, TE : 2017 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

An exceptional receiving TE that reminds me of a young Jason Witten. Its time to give Dan Campbell (out TE's coach) a nice piece of clay to mold.

5th Rd. *Traded during the 2016 draft for the David Onyemata selection

6th Rd. Nate Gerry / SS / Nebraska

Nate Gerry | Nebraska, SS : 2017 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Gerry would make a phenomenal addition to our 3-Safety defensive set! He is big for SS, has a LB build and covers like a DB. During his time at Nebraska he has collected 13 interceptions and 19 PBU's. Obviously, he has ball skills!

7th Rd. Sam Rogers / FB / Virginia Tech

Sam Rogers | Virginia Tech, FB : 2017 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Everytime I watch film of Rogers I see a young John Kuhn. During his time at VT Rogers made 58 receptions for 719 yards and 6 TD's. That is excellent for a college FB in today's game. He is an above average run blocker and has the hands to be a threat in the passing game. In the mean time he would serve us well on special teams.

Switch Taylor Mouton for Christian McCaffery and yeah that will work.

I'm the unlikely event he fell that far, McCaffrey would be a great fit for us if we were a playoff team polishing the edges. However as a team picking in the first half of the draft picking a player that will play 60ish snaps over one that would play 15-20 snaps needs to be the priority. An offensive lineman or defensive player should probably be the early priority assuming equally rated players are left on the board.

Also while we do leave points on the board and our offense can be improved still adding another stud will probably only add 1-3 pts to our scoring differential at most. A difference maker on defense has the potential for a much greater influence on our scoring differential.

If we do decide to go OL that would give us a boost on every offensive snap and would add to our kick protection which clearly needs help.

If McCaffrey doesn't fall to the second, I bet Alvin Kamara will be there and I think he would be a great satellite back in our offense. Ingram/Kamara/Lasco would be a great trio of young backs to go into next season with.

Everybody on this website, put people in the first round and they go later. Remember the Alabama DLs everybody on the site had them going in the first round, Hold yall L, they went wayyyy later in the draft. McCaffery will be that guy this year that everyone on here will put in the 1st round only to see him go in the 2nd round. (Only team i see drafting him in the 1st round is NE.)

We don't even need a RB. We need Oline and defense. I'd be mad if we took McCaffrey. He isn't the best player by far. He won't win us games. We need defense.

We don't even need a RB. We need Oline and defense. I'd be mad if we took McCaffrey. He isn't the best player by far. He won't win us games. We need defense.
If we need those things, why should we wait until the draft? Our plan is to put positions of need in the hands of rookies?

If we need those things, why should we wait until the draft? Our plan is to put positions of need in the hands of rookies?

McCaffrey is a wasted draft pick. DE rookie could start right away. We have a pretty good running game as is. McCaffrey wouldn't even play that much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom