Christmas in New Orleans... (1 Viewer)

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So my wife is kicking around the idea of taking our extended family there for Christmas this year. So, I was wondering how crazy busy it might be, or if it's a slower season for tourism? If there's anything Christmas specific to do or not do? Or any thoughts on the idea as a whole.

I'm often there at Christmas - my parents are there. I find it to be less busy than average, but plenty going on, of course. But there aren't going to be any conventions or big meetings, so it's not full tilt even with the bowls and other reasons to come there at that time of year.

High end restaurants are super busy but tourism is not overly heavy. Eating on Christmas day may be tricky unless you have family in town. My GF and I grabbed a hotel last Christmas and we didn't really think out the eating in the FQ thing. We ended up having China Wall on Canal lol

High end restaurants are super busy but tourism is not overly heavy. Eating on Christmas day may be tricky unless you have family in town. My GF and I grabbed a hotel last Christmas and we didn't really think out the eating in the FQ thing. We ended up having China Wall on Canal lol
Good point. Will have to plan that part in advance.

Hotels and restaurants are super busy, especiqlly on the high end.
She's finding that true concerning hotels and Airbnb's. And the parking fees are quite interesting at some of the locations.

So my wife is kicking around the idea of taking our extended family there for Christmas this year. So, I was wondering how crazy busy it might be, or if it's a slower season for tourism? If there's anything Christmas specific to do or not do? Or any thoughts on the idea as a whole.
Celebration in the Oaks, especially if you have kids

Walk through the Roosevelt hotel lobby decorated for Christmas and have a drink in the Sazerac bar.

yes, its awesome. I would also recommend walking across the street and going to the lobby of The Ritz as well. Not quit as epic as the Roosevelt but very nice none the less.

And crosswatt, Pizza Dominica in the Roosevelt is open on Christmas night but they do not take reservations. So its a wait for a seat. The pizza is out of this world though as far as pizza goes.

Actually, I can't remember. Maybe it was reservations only and our only option was to wait for a spot at the bar. Whatever it was it was going to be a long wait.

Yeah, try to avoid parking.
Yes. It's best to always keep the car running for a quick getaway.

JUST KIDDING. Parking isn't NYC bad in NOLA, but it's pretty bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom