Christmas Mock (1 Viewer)

RiverRat

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
It's still early to get anything realistic, but it's fun to start early and learn about mid-late round prospects!

1: Tim Williams - DE - Alabama
2: Jake Butt - TE - Michigan
3: Kendell Beckwith - ILB - LSU
4: Quenton Nelson - G - Norte Dame
5: N/A
6: TJ Watt - OLB - Wisconsin
7: Lorenzo Jerome - FS - Cincinnati

TJ Watt won't be there in the 6th. Every thing t read has him 3rd or higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still early to get anything realistic, but it's fun to start early and learn about mid-late round prospects!

Nelson and Watt will both be long gone.

I love Beckwith but for people on here already complaining about our LB's lack in coverage, that's typically the knock on him. He would greatly improve our run defense.

We need a RT and RT in the mid rounds and would rather have one in the 3rd.

Hence the part about mocks not being realistic this early. I pretty much only pay any real attention to rounds 1-3 until after the combine.

I'm thinking both will go in rounds 1-3. But crazy stuff always happens so I could very well be wrong.

No way we take Williams in the first with his arrest earlier in the year. Nelson won't last anywhere near the 4th in a weak o-limeman year. I also don't see us spending that high of a pick on a TE, especially after paying fleener and with hill coming along great.

I see our draft more as:
1: Jabrill Peppers LB/S - you can never have too many playmakers on defense, and Peppers is a playmaker at multiple positions.
2: Solomon Thomas DE Stanford - Not the flashy pure pass rushing de everyone wants (I think we have 2 good ones already in Kikaha and Edibali), but he is an all around de in the Cameron Jordan mold.
3:Taylor Moton OT Western Michigan - Guard will be addressed in free agency I believe. If not Moton is a guy that can play RG or RT, so he could help immediately.

I haven't done much research on later round candidates so I will stop there.

No way we take Williams in the first with his arrest earlier in the year. Nelson won't last anywhere near the 4th in a weak o-limeman year. I also don't see us spending that high of a pick on a TE, especially after paying fleener and with hill coming along great.

I see our draft more as:
1: Jabrill Peppers LB/S - you can never have too many playmakers on defense, and Peppers is a playmaker at multiple positions.
2: Solomon Thomas DE Stanford - Not the flashy pure pass rushing de everyone wants (I think we have 2 good ones already in Kikaha and Edibali), but he is an all around de in the Cameron Jordan mold.
3:Taylor Moton OT Western Michigan - Guard will be addressed in free agency I believe. If not Moton is a guy that can play RG or RT, so he could help immediately.

I haven't done much research on later round candidates so I will stop there.

No way we pick Peppers in the first. He's a poor man's Vaccaro. The other picks would be decent but I hope we do better.

I'd be fine with Williams in the first. I'd take him over Peppers for sure.

I did the mock draft simulator on the Fanspeak site and here's what I got. Saints picked 12th.

1. Leonard Fournette RB LSU
2. Zach Cunningham LB Vandy
3. Duane Smoot DE Illinois
4. Curtis Samuel WR/RB Ohio St.
6. Caleb Peterson OL N. Carolina
7. Channing Stribling CB Michigan

No way we pick Peppers in the first. He's a poor man's Vaccaro. The other picks would be decent but I hope we do better.

I'd be fine with Williams in the first. I'd take him over Peppers for sure.

Peppers is far from a poor man's Vacarro. He is literally the definition of a playmaker. You can line him up anywhere from MLB to WLB to outside cornerback and he would dominate. Not to mention the added bonus of getting an elite return man.

I honestly don't see the fascination with Tim Williams from everyone. He wasn't even in the top 3 best players on Alabama's defense. I'd be willing to bet a paycheck that he will be a bust in the NFL.

1. Tim Williams
2. Adoree Jackson/Tre White
3. Moton/Beckwith/Watt

Okay, unrealistic huh? K...

Round 1 - Barnett
Trade remaining 2017 draft to get back into round 1 - Cunningham
Trade 2018 draft to get back into round 1 - McCaffrey
Trade 2019 draft to get back into round 1 - Walker

Done...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom