Christopher Paul Hasson arrested (terror suspect) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.460585bbe15c

A U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant and self-identified white nationalist was arrested after federal investigators uncovered a cache of weapons and ammunition in his Maryland home that authorities say he stockpiled to launch a widespread domestic terrorist attack targeting politicians and journalists.

Christopher Paul Hasson called for “focused violence” to “establish a white homeland” and dreamed of ways to “kill almost every last person on earth,” according to court records filed in U.S. District Court in Maryland. Though court documents do not detail a specific planned date for an attack, the government said he had been amassing supplies and weapons since at least 2017, developed a spreadsheet of targets

Sounds like it's a good thing they got this guy before he attacked.

I just love it in these debates when a poster thinks we can only focus on one type of terrorist or one type of criminal.
Somebody call the FBI and tell them to turn the switch from international terrorists to domestic ones since we can only focus one one or the other

This nut was planning something for almost 2 years. Thank god he was slow..

The Coast Guard has had a longstanding shortfall in ethnic diversity numbers. They're fully aware of it and have tried, without much success, to recruit more minorities.

Coast Guard partners with ECSU to increase service diversity

Mentioned before but.....
Right-Wingers Committed Every 2018 Extremist Murder In US
The Anti-Defamation League’s annual report on extremist killings in the United States, released Wednesday, found that individuals linked to right-wing extremist movements committed every single extremist-related murder in the country in 2018.​
Right-wing extremists killed 50 people last year, mostly with firearms, making them responsible for more deaths than in any year since 1995, according to the ADL’s data.​
This is becoming quite the problem and the atmosphere is very reminiscent of the early 90's during the peak of the right-wing militia movement. Just shifting from a pseudo anarchist movement built around white supremacy and hard-right politics and toward a more fascist approach around white nationalism and right wing politics(I suspect we will see a shift back if a Democrat wins in 2020), though the in-group/out-group dynamics seem to be very similar, just with a few new players on the field getting the ire of the movements. The guy reportedly had a list similar to the Pipe Bomber of prominent Democrats and journalists he dreamed of taking out(racists really don't like Don Lemon, also took me a second to realize who "poca warren" meant). Very seeped in the same dog whistles we saw from the Synagogue shooter about Jewish conspiracies along with an unhealthy obsession with cultural Marxism, "political correctness," and exhibiting extreme Islmaphobia and militant anti-leftism.

Last edited:
I just love it in these debates when a poster thinks we can only focus on one type of terrorist or one type of criminal.
Somebody call the FBI and tell them to turn the switch from international terrorists to domestic ones since we can only focus one one or the other
I get your point in theory
And it has some validity
But terrorists who lurk in positions of authority and power - I think we’d want to keep an especially keen eye on them, no?

Ill offer my rebuttle when this thread gets moved to the political board...

Ill offer my rebuttle when this thread gets moved to the political board...

Honestly I'm just impressed you got enough out of that to know where to start a response?

And I'm hoping it happens so I can maybe gather together what that poster was trying to even say?

Honestly I'm just impressed you got enough out of that to know where to start a response?

And I'm hoping it happens so I can maybe gather together what that poster was trying to even say?
I understood what he was attempting to say, though my response would've been heavily dependent upon my referencing the most pertinent actions of political figures in charge of our security agencies...

Annnnnd now lll have to type a new post since Ive pasted a link about some damn car wax in another thread...

Last edited:
"Always take care of the Coasties! You take care if them, Marines, because they're gonna be the ones who drag your drowned azz out of the drink, ID you so your widow gets your insurance, boxes you up and ships you home so your momma has something to bury! God bless the $@#^ Coasties!"
- Marine Drill Instructor, 1975

Random thought:

I'd like to suggest a rule where if somebody reposts the same off-topic massive copy-and-paste message three times, they get a 5-day delay of game penalty or pay $5 advertising fee to the site.

But, let's wait until the thread gets moved and the moron with the van covered with pro-Trump messages gets reposted again . . . And again . . . And again . .

"Always take care of the Coasties! You take care if them, Marines, because they're gonna be the ones who drag your drowned azz out of the drink, ID you so your widow gets your insurance, boxes you up and ships you home so your momma has something to bury! God bless the $@#^ Coasties!"
- Marine Drill Instructor, 1975

Random thought:

I'd like to suggest a rule where if somebody reposts the same off-topic massive copy-and-paste message three times, they get a 5-day delay of game penalty or pay $5 advertising fee to the site.

But, let's wait until the thread gets moved and the moron with the van covered with pro-Trump messages gets reposted again . . . And again . . . And again . .

Not sure how mentioning aspects of his motive and the larger trend of right-wing/white nationalist violence in a thread about... a right-wing white nationalist looking to commit a massive right-wing motivated terrorist attack is "off-topic?"

Let alone how it could be conceivably more off-topic than randomly talking about diversity hiring in the coast guard and not a word on the actual attempted crime or anything tangentially around it?

Not sure how mentioning aspects of his motive and the larger trend of right-wing violence in a thread about a right-winger looking to commit a massive right-wing motivated terrorist attack is "off-topic."

Let alone how it could be conceivably more off-topic than randomly talking about diversity hiring in the coast guard and not a word on the actual attempted crime or anything tangentially around it?
I was going to follow up with some serious give and take Q&A, give and take discussion and thoughts about how a lack of ethnic and cultural divetsity could have contributed to this guy and his plans going unnoticed.

But, a massive copy-and-paste repost of somebody else's agenda with a big bold headline derailed the thread to turn it into yet another repeat of the same old stuff.

Go ahead, it's all yours.

Dadsdream

I was going to follow up with some serious give and take Q&A, give and take discussion and thoughts about how a lack of ethnic and cultural divetsity could have contributed to this guy and his plans going unnoticed.

But, a massive copy-and-paste repost of somebody else's agenda with a big bold headline derailed the thread to turn it into yet another repeat of the same old stuff.

Go ahead, it's all yours.

Dadsdream

So basically my post that detailed additional motives of the person this thread is about and set it into a larger context of growing right-wing terrorism upsets you because it derailed your attempt to turn a thread about a terrorist plotting a massive politically motivated attack into a Q&A session you were to moderate about cultural diversity in the Coast Guard and its possible effects?

Am I following this right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom