Christopher Paul Hasson arrested (terror suspect) (1 Viewer)

Heard on news he will be charged with domestic terrorism. Good.

Do you think Trump will pardon him and scream about fake news, illegal searches, with hunts and good people?

Do you think Trump will pardon him and scream about fake news, illegal searches, with hunts and good people?
Nah, that's a bridge too far.

But let's avoid too much direct political talk here.

Too many of you have a disease. We can talk about this without it turning into politics. right?

I just love it in these debates when a poster thinks we can only focus on one type of terrorist or one type of criminal.
Somebody call the FBI and tell them to turn the switch from international terrorists to domestic ones since we can only focus one one or the other
and if it is shown that resources should be reallocated in one direction or the other, I am all for that. I am simply stating that it isn't an either/or situation and some in here can't seem to wrap their head around that simple concept (not directed at you)

I get what you are saying. However, you start by calling out everyone with a vague statement which could easily be construed as a drive by attack and very dismissive. Later you go into calling for civility when challenged after some back and forth.

I've been guilty of such as well and am trying to watch my own statements. Sometimes the message is lost in the delivery.

Edit: Also, it doesn't really help that your handle is a slang term of derision. I don't know if that is intentional or even known to you, but it is a common term I heard growing up by my very racist father who to this day is able to openly use such terms.

care to show me where anything I posted warrants this question?

all I did is state what I have been told of the methodology of the FBI by a couple of people who work for them in addition to the polarization of politics in the United States on both sides and you all are spoiling for a fight

I didn't attack liberals or conservatives and yet some of you are behaving like I have. I appreciate the rush to prove my point, but it really wasn't necessary

Both sides point at the increasing violence

the rioting after the election could be defined as 'violence'
I did not say terrorism, I said violence

I get what you are saying. However, you start by calling out everyone with a vague statement which could easily be construed as a drive by attack and very dismissive. Later you go into calling for civility when challenged after some back and forth.

I've been guilty of such as well and am trying to watch my own statements. Sometimes the message is lost in the delivery.

Edit: Also, it doesn't really help that your handle is a slang term of derision. I don't know if that is intentional or even known to you, but it is a common term I heard growing up by my very racist father who to this day is able to openly use such terms.

actually the statement I initially quoted was a thinly veiled political attack. I can't help but wonder why you are unable to see that

actually the statement I initially quoted was a thinly veiled political attack. I can't help but wonder why you are unable to see that
I see no quote in your initial post.

I see no quote in your initial post.

you are absolutely right and I stand corrected. I meant to quote the post that preceded mine

Tbh, I never heard of this. I guess I missed the memo on this particular slang term.

Tbh, I never heard of this. I guess I missed the memo on this particular slang term.
Really? It was used in NO tons in the 70s
But I’m pretty sure it’s a British term to deride at least Italians if not all Mediterraneans

I’d always assumed Dago was ‘taking the term back’

But I’m pretty sure it’s a British term to deride at least Italians if not all Mediterraneans

I grew up in Lafayette, and was more of a child of the 80s. I wasn't thinking about stuff like that in the 70s. I lived a sheltered life up until I was about 8-10 years old. Never heard the term my entire life. Guess I just missed it.

LOL no it isn't that
my family is Sicilian (and yes, I know that is not correct for Sicilians) and its just what everyone calls my old man. Just started using it for him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom