Christopher Paul Hasson arrested (terror suspect) (1 Viewer)

73% of domestic terror acts since 9/11/2001 have been committed by right-wing groups, a statistic conveniently avoided by our pals on the right.

73% of domestic terror acts since 9/11/2001 have been committed by right-wing groups, a statistic conveniently avoided by our pals on the right.
Hey FL, where did you get that stat from? I have a Conservative friend who states "libitards are snowflakes" and "more violence is from the left". I know it's an oxymoron, but he is who he is.

Hey FL, where did you get that stat from? I have a Conservative friend who states "libitards are snowflakes" and "more violence is from the left". I know it's an oxymoron, but he is who he is.

Government Accountability Office report.

"Of the 85 violent extremist incidents that resulted in death since September 12, 2001, far right wing violent extremist groups were responsible for 62 (73 percent) while radical Islamist violent extremists were responsible for 23 (27 percent). "

https://www.gao.gov/mobile/products/GAO-17-300

"Of the 85 violent extremist incidents that resulted in death since September 12, 2001, far right wing violent extremist groups were responsible for 62 (73 percent) while radical Islamist violent extremists were responsible for 23 (27 percent). "

So while the ultimate boogeymen for the Right, Antifa, might beat you up, the Patriotic Sons of the Confederate Liberty Freedom Riders Klan will totally kill you.

Depending on which stats you cite, terrorists acts may or may not include the following:
Spray painted graffiti
People being shot with bb or pellet guns being counted as shot with a GUN
Las Vegas mass shooting (killer's motives still undetermined, but body count often included in citations of right-wing extremism)

If you remove the above items, you'll find the numbers have changed little in 10 years. These stats became popular recently based on a report by the Southern Poverty Law Center, Corey Booker and an expose on CNN.

Hi Big L. Regarding gangs using the military as a training ground, I'll offer a bit of anecdotal personal experience here.

In 1976, I met my first Nation Of Islam followers when one of them shouted, "Get thee behind me Satan!" when I put my tray down at his table in the chow hall at 29 Palms, California. It turned out that a sizable group of these fellows had joined the Marines for military training toward the day when they would form an army and break away from the white part of the US. At least, that's how it was explained to me by a fellow Marine who happened to also be from Louisiana who happened to be black.

Later, when I arrived at Camp Pendleton, there was a full lockdown in effect and we were required to have passes to move from one part of the camp to another because of racially based fights, cars being turned over, an enlisted club being burned for having biased music on the jukebox, etc.

Meanwhile, at the chow hall across from the air strip where I was training on UH-1N Huey avionics, black Marines formed a "dap" blockade at the door, giving head of the line privileges to people of their race and going through an intricate and lengthy ritual handshake with each one. There was also a "dap" blockade at the window to turn in trays. I left there, requested mast with squadron commander and reported that I could not eat in a 1-hour allotted timeframe, given the "dap" protests ongoing at the chow hall.

I was told to eat at the roach coach instead, until they could identify the problem and take corrective measures. Fortunately, I finished my training and went to New River Marine Corps Air Station after that.

My point is, the story of gangs using the US armed forces as a place to gather and gain knowledge and experience in warfare is not new. I saw it up close and personal in my 20+ years service.

Best wishes BigL, as always.

Dadsdream

Since September 12, 2001? Any idea why that is the start date?

Since September 12, 2001? Any idea why that is the start date?
not that you were asking a serious question, but it's more than likely bc even though things like the 1st WTC bombing and OK City bombing had already happened 9/11 is when we finally woke up

it's the same reason why you'd want to know about levee tests after katrina and
school shootings after columbine

not that you were asking a serious question, but it's more than likely bc even though things like the 1st WTC bombing and OK City bombing had already happened 9/11 is when we finally woke up

it's the same reason why you'd want to know about levee tests after katrina and
school shootings after columbine

I don't really think that is the true motivation.

Depending on which stats you cite, terrorists acts may or may not include the following:
Spray painted graffiti
People being shot with bb or pellet guns being counted as shot with a GUN
Las Vegas mass shooting (killer's motives still undetermined, but body count often included in citations of right-wing extremism)

If you remove the above items, you'll find the numbers have changed little in 10 years. These stats became popular recently based on a report by the Southern Poverty Law Center, Corey Booker and an expose on CNN.

Hi Big L. Regarding gangs using the military as a training ground, I'll offer a bit of anecdotal personal experience here.

In 1976, I met my first Nation Of Islam followers when one of them shouted, "Get thee behind me Satan!" when I put my tray down at his table in the chow hall at 29 Palms, California. It turned out that a sizable group of these fellows had joined the Marines for military training toward the day when they would form an army and break away from the white part of the US. At least, that's how it was explained to me by a fellow Marine who happened to also be from Louisiana who happened to be black.

Later, when I arrived at Camp Pendleton, there was a full lockdown in effect and we were required to have passes to move from one part of the camp to another because of racially based fights, cars being turned over, an enlisted club being burned for having biased music on the jukebox, etc.

Meanwhile, at the chow hall across from the air strip where I was training on UH-1N Huey avionics, black Marines formed a "dap" blockade at the door, giving head of the line privileges to people of their race and going through an intricate and lengthy ritual handshake with each one. There was also a "dap" blockade at the window to turn in trays. I left there, requested mast with squadron commander and reported that I could not eat in a 1-hour allotted timeframe, given the "dap" protests ongoing at the chow hall.

I was told to eat at the roach coach instead, until they could identify the problem and take corrective measures. Fortunately, I finished my training and went to New River Marine Corps Air Station after that.

My point is, the story of gangs using the US armed forces as a place to gather and gain knowledge and experience in warfare is not new. I saw it up close and personal in my 20+ years service.

Best wishes BigL, as always.

Dadsdream
I like how you emphasized GUN like it’s no big deal. They are guns. Sure, they may be unlikely to kill a person, but everyone knows that you can put an eye out with one of those things!

The stats cited were specified as attacks causing death, so no, no graffiti or BB guns included in these stats. But nice attempted diversion. ?

The stats cited were specified as attacks causing death, so no, no graffiti or BB guns included in these stats. But nice attempted diversion. ?
unfortunately, if form holds, this 'argument' will be trotted out in subsequent threads even after it's been refuted

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom