Church Of Scientology Super Bowl Ad Raises Eyebrows (VIDEO) (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Church Of Scientology Super Bowl Ad Raises Eyebrows

Millions of Super Bowl viewers were treated to a myriad of advertisements -- from alcohol distributors, snack brands and even Scientologists -- on Sunday night.

An ad for the Church of Scientology aired during the Super Bowl, shortly after the game went into halftime around 8 p.m., notes The Hollywood Reporter. The ad is part of the church's "Knowledge" campaign.

"To the curious. The inquisitive. The seekers of knowledge," begins the 30-second Scientology Super Bowl ad. "To the ones who just wanna know. About life. About the universe. About yourself. Not cute questions. Big questions, ones that matter. To the rebels, the artists, the free thinkers and the innovators. Who care less about labels and more about truth. Who believe non-conformity is more than a bumper sticker."

(MORE)
Church Of Scientology Super Bowl Ad Raises Eyebrows (VIDEO)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Y800s8y9Zg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did not even know that this ad was on. Unless I missed it! As wonder how this got passed the censors?!

Did not even know that this ad was on. Unless I missed it! As wonder how this got passed the censors?!

I hadn't seen it either, but having just watched it I wonder what you saw in the ad that deserved to be censored.

if you click on the article, it says that the ad was only shown in a few major markets.

anyway, i'm kind of wishing i'd posted the video as a question.. if i'd said "Watch this video and let me know what you thought about it *before* you got to the very end"-- i think most of us would admit that it's a pretty cool ad.

yea, I fail to see how it 'raised eyebrows', while crap like the Go Daddy commercial wasted our time..

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using Tapatalk 2
Who Dat!

Mormons have been doing that same kind of pitch of the shared cool value/idea and the church stamp on the end for a decade. I kind of wonder if any of the ad team working for Hubbard actually came from them. It's not a bad way to self-promote, finding a commonality before getting people's hackles/guard up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kPmSyOlv5D4?list=PL5689826B24470658" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Showed a truck with a non-conformity bumper sticker. Ironic?

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://s0.videopress.com/player.swf?v=1.03" width="400" height="238" wmode="direct" seamlesstabbing="true" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" overstretch="true" flashvars="guid=77fUJFew&amp;isDynamicSeeking=true"></embed>

Personally, I really liked this ad. It delivered a very good message.

what was the message you heard?

I heard that in order to find knowledge, it would be best if you joined Scientology. We have the answers.

Do they? Ones that I cannot find on my own?

Im sorry, but they arent better than....Google

It was okay, until the moral relativism statement of "the one thing that's true is what's true for you". That's just a load of mularkey. What's true is true, period, no matter whether or not I decide to accept it.

What's "true" in the mind of a serial killer or serial rapist or serial thief isn't "true" nor is it tolerable. That's the problem with blanket relativistic statements like that. Not to mention that what's true has nothing to do with the heaping load of stupidity that is scientology.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom