N/S Cinci’s unsportsmanlike conduct? (1 Viewer)

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
This is absolutely ridiculous, in my opinion, that the Ravens would try to call this out as unsportsmanlike. Of course they would do anything to avoid being shutout. If you want credit for a shutout, stop em.

That reminded me of an The Onion parody article, except it was real. They're actually upset about that kick??

Boo frickety hoo, Ravens. They get paid to score the same as you get paid to stop them from scoring.

Same argument is valid when teams whine about having the “score run up” on them.
I think its even more whiny than complaining about running up the score. At least with running up the dcore a case can be made about disrespect/embarrassment or something. But you were going to embarrass them by shutting them out And they did there best to avoid the embarrassment and YOU have a problem because you only won by 24 instead of 27? Really?

I've never considered a team not wanting to be shut out as unsportsmanlike. Actually, I've never really given any thought to it at all. Just seems a little petty to me but what do I know.
I find it a good sign. The team could quit, instead it shows you have character and care enough to not want to be shut out. Just the opposite of unsportsmanlike.

Man if you beat a team by 30 or almost 30 and you are the one talking about having board material for the next match, that’s just kind of sad and pathetic. Congratulations, I didn’t believe in sore winners until now.

and the worst part is having Such a blind spot about it that you comment publicly. Wow. If a shut out is so important to you, you better go earn it. What professional is going to just give it to you.

Maybe the Ravens DC thinks this is college and they get “style” points. People get offended by the dumbest things. Btw, Cincy should be the ones that are upset if anything

All I can add to this is, maybe the Ravens DC has an incentive in his contract, for shutouts. IDK.

I'm very much in the "Who cares? This is such a non-issue" camp as well.

But I would like to add some context to this. In reviewing the play by play of that final drive, the Bengals ran the ball seven straight times prior to that field goal, burning over 4 minutes of clock in the process. Scoring, or at least scoring in a hurry, didn't seem to be of paramount importance to them. So for that reason alone, I might would question why it was so vital to kick a field goal and avoid a shutout. But I wouldn't actually ask that question, due to aforementioned "who cares?/non issue" reasons...

All I can add to this is, maybe the Ravens DC has an incentive in his contract, for shutouts. IDK.
Yeah but saying “we should’ve shut them ou” or I wish we would’ve shut them out” is far different from questioning their sportsmanship for avoiding the shutout.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom