cincinnati-bengals-reportedly-listening-to-trade-offers-from-multiple-teams-on-no-1-pick (1 Viewer)

gregh

The Real Deal
Reaction score

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And you believe everything someone else has heard in its entirety? And some others, you do not? It is your opinion to believe this reporter and not someone else, as being correct.
It is my opinion to believe a reporter...? What? I merely pointed out what he said. You seem determined to instigate something.

Mr.Blonde

CEO Vandelay Industries
Reaction score
Not taking Burrow would be a huge mistake for the Bengals. Draft him number one build for the future with talent already in place. If burrow forces the issue let him sit out. He will regret it.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Burrow isnt better than Bridgewater at this point and wouldn't be able to beat him out as a Rookie.

If Brees comes back, Young is the obvious selection that high or Jeudy.
Maybe not at this moment but Burrow may well be a franchise QB, that would lead our team for most likely a decade plus. At arguably the most important position on the field.

Optimistic Ozzy

Bleeder of Black and Gold
Reaction score
Not taking Burrow would be a huge mistake for the Bengals. Draft him number one build for the future with talent already in place. If burrow forces the issue let him sit out. He will regret it.
I disagree. Not accepting a haul of picks and players for Burrow would be a big mistake.

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Maybe not at this moment but Burrow may well be a franchise QB, that would lead our team for most likely a decade plus. At arguably the most important position on the field.
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Bridgewater, an actual NFL QB now, finished 5-0 last year with a 99.1 qb rating that would have been even higher if not for a few ints that were batted into the air by his wrs.

One Bridgewater is worth two Burrows at this point.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's naive to project success with any rookie QB. Burrow had a good year but he lacks the experience that Peyton, Luck, or Tua bring to the table. I think Burrow has the potential to be a good pro QB but I think it's presumptuous to think he will have the same impact on the nfl. I like him a lot but if Tua wasn't hurt there would be a serious debate about who should go #1.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Bridgewater, an actual NFL QB now, finished 5-0 last year with a 99.1 qb rating that would have been even higher if not for a few ints that were batted into the air by his wrs.

One Bridgewater is worth two Burrows at this point.
I think it's naive to project success with any rookie QB. Burrow had a good year but he lacks the experience that Peyton, Luck, or Tua bring to the table. I think Burrow has the potential to be a good pro QB but I think it's presumptuous to think he will have the same impact on the nfl. I like him a lot but if Tua wasn't hurt there would be a serious debate about who should go #1.
It’s definitely a crap shoot in the draft, I’ll give you that.

I just am not a fan of Bridgewater as the heir apparent. I was very excited when we traded for him but have cooled a bit in the past year. I don’t think he’s the answer.

Infoman

Lawd Have Mercy!
Reaction score
This is a moot point... because we have no shot at the #1 pick or Joe Burrow... but you never pass on a guy you consider a Franchise QB.... Never....

I love TB... I love Drew.... I love Taysom...

You don't pass on a guy you think is a Franchise QB for any reason other than you already have one... TB has not proven he's a Franchise QB, and you can't convince me that he has proven that.... Neither has Taysom obviously... Brees has, but is on the razor edge of retirement.

Again... not that it's even in the realm of possibility.... but if you have a chance to draft a Franchise QB (Burrow).... you don't pass on him for any other player in the draft or because you have TB or Taysom or even Brees at this point...

It's a homeristic... short-sighted argument... at best.... and really not an argument at all.

And for what it's worth.... I'm no Burrow homer either... I you can insert "healthy Tua" in my response above if you want to...

44slayer

Black and Gold
Reaction score
My problem with Burrow is, he could be Tom Brady or he could be another college QB with gaudy stats that doesn't pan out. And this is the case with most rookie QBs, but you've seen a guy with 2 completely opposite seasons as a starter. I think he showed enough this past season through leadership, extending plays, accuracy etc to where you have to lean to him being a franchise QB and you have to take him #1. But, "system qb" is going to be the question on Burrow - 2 years ago he was a middle of the pack SEC starter. Then he has probably the greatest season in the history of CFB. The change? Joe Brady. The best situation for Burrow might for Carolina to trade for him - and Carolina has the draft positioning to make it happen.

Last thing we need is a elite level QB in our division for 10+ years. But for Burrow its situationally the best landing spot. Joe Brady is the OC and you have an elite RB as a check down.

Scott B

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My problem with Burrow is, he could be Tom Brady or he could be another college QB with gaudy stats that doesn't pan out. And this is the case with most rookie QBs, but you've seen a guy with 2 completely opposite seasons as a starter. I think he showed enough this past season through leadership, extending plays, accuracy etc to where you have to lean to him being a franchise QB and you have to take him #1. But, "system qb" is going to be the question on Burrow - 2 years ago he was a middle of the pack SEC starter. Then he has probably the greatest season in the history of CFB. The change? Joe Brady. The best situation for Burrow might for Carolina to trade for him - and Carolina has the draft positioning to make it happen.

Last thing we need is a elite level QB in our division for 10+ years. But for Burrow its situationally the best landing spot. Joe Brady is the OC and you have an elite RB as a check down.
Agree with all of this. I would only add that while Brady was awesome at LSU, NFL D Coordinators and players are on a different level than college. I think it will be very interesting to see how Brady handles the NFL competition on D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan in Lafayette SR News Page Articles 0

Headlines

Top Bottom