cincinnati-bengals-reportedly-listening-to-trade-offers-from-multiple-teams-on-no-1-pick (1 Viewer)

(minus burrow)
This reminds me of when I was laughed at for suggesting N.O. not give up #2 as Reggie Bush could still be there. Folks wanted to trade out of that spot since they'd determined he wouldn't be there. I don't think you are necessarily wrong. It's just that until it happens it's best to hold on and field offers.

The draft is anything but entirely predictable.

.@Bengals I have been told are listening to offers for the #1 pick in the @NFL Draft from :

1. @Chargers
2. @MiamiDolphins
3. @Broncos
4. @ChicagoBears
5. @Buccaneers

I don't see a deal in place from any other team...
What ammunition do the Bears have? If the Bears can make that trade with no 1st round pick this year, the Saints certainty can.

Listen yes, trade the pick no.

What ammunition do the Bears have? If the Bears can make that trade with no 1st round pick this year, the Saints certainty can.

I dunno. I'm not the reporter doing the reporting. He listed five teams and none of them are the Saints.

This reminds me of when I was laughed at for suggesting N.O. not give up #2 as Reggie Bush could still be there. Folks wanted to trade out of that spot since they'd determined he wouldn't be there. I don't think you are necessarily wrong. It's just that until it happens it's best to hold on and field offers.

The draft is anything but entirely predictable.
Huh? Everyone knew the Texans were picking Edward's like 2 weeks before the draft

Huh? Everyone knew the Texans were picking Edward's like 2 weeks before the draft

You mean Williams? That’s not true at all. It was a shock when the report came out the day before the draft. Then, that night, the Texans agreed to a deal with him.

I dunno. I'm not the reporter doing the reporting. He listed five teams and none of them are the Saints.
I must not quite understand what you meant when you said

I read that is "if a deal happens, it will be with one of these explicitly listed; otherwise I don't see it".

I'll be clear on what I meant: if Chicago, as the reporter states, is somehow a legitimate trade partner, despite their lack of draft capital, then we shouldn't so easily exclude New Orleans from that list because "they don't have the draft capital Miami or ___ team does".

Is he pushing a trade?

You mean Williams? That’s not true at all. It was a shock when the report came out the day before the draft. Then, that night, the Texans agreed to a deal with him.

I had a draft party that day. Glorious. Back when you could have a ton of friends over because it was on a Saturday and not some whored out "prime time" corporate crap they made it into. Boiled 3 sacks of crawfish for me and 5 friends; great day to be Saints fan; one of their best drafts.

Make it happen...

xwfdbO.gif

I read that is "if a deal happens, it will be with one of these explicitly listed; otherwise I don't see it".

I'll be clear on what I meant: if Chicago, as the reporter states, is somehow a legitimate trade partner, despite their lack of draft capital, then we shouldn't so easily exclude New Orleans from that list because "they don't have the draft capital Miami or ___ team does".

Another poster has claimed that a deal was in place b/w the Saints and the Bengals, that's that I was referencing.

When you have something so valuable, that multiple teams are trying to trade you things of even much higher value (longer term), of course you listen. If I'm holding the #1 pick, some team is going to pay me dearly to get it, especially if they are much further down in the 1st round.

I will say this never count out the saints .. they are like a predator laying in the weeds ready to
Pounce . A good example was josh Norman, saints were never one of the listed teams and sure enough they were right there at the end and almost won that sweepstakes( thank goodness they didn’t) . Point is don’t count the saints out of anything even if they aren’t listed

.@Bengals I have been told are listening to offers for the #1 pick in the @NFL Draft from :

1. @Chargers
2. @MiamiDolphins
3. @Broncos
4. @ChicagoBears
5. @Buccaneers

It is an opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom