cincinnati-bengals-reportedly-listening-to-trade-offers-from-multiple-teams-on-no-1-pick (1 Viewer)

My problem with Burrow is, he could be Tom Brady or he could be another college QB with gaudy stats that doesn't pan out. And this is the case with most rookie QBs, but you've seen a guy with 2 completely opposite seasons as a starter. I think he showed enough this past season through leadership, extending plays, accuracy etc to where you have to lean to him being a franchise QB and you have to take him #1. But, "system qb" is going to be the question on Burrow - 2 years ago he was a middle of the pack SEC starter. Then he has probably the greatest season in the history of CFB. The change? Joe Brady. The best situation for Burrow might for Carolina to trade for him - and Carolina has the draft positioning to make it happen.

Last thing we need is a elite level QB in our division for 10+ years. But for Burrow its situationally the best landing spot. Joe Brady is the OC and you have an elite RB as a check down.

My problem with Burrow is, he could be Tom Brady or he could be another college QB with gaudy stats that doesn't pan out. And this is the case with most rookie QBs, but you've seen a guy with 2 completely opposite seasons as a starter. I think he showed enough this past season through leadership, extending plays, accuracy etc to where you have to lean to him being a franchise QB and you have to take him #1. But, "system qb" is going to be the question on Burrow - 2 years ago he was a middle of the pack SEC starter. Then he has probably the greatest season in the history of CFB. The change? Joe Brady. The best situation for Burrow might for Carolina to trade for him - and Carolina has the draft positioning to make it happen.

Last thing we need is a elite level QB in our division for 10+ years. But for Burrow its situationally the best landing spot. Joe Brady is the OC and you have an elite RB as a check down.
Agree with all of this. I would only add that while Brady was awesome at LSU, NFL D Coordinators and players are on a different level than college. I think it will be very interesting to see how Brady handles the NFL competition on D.

Two years ago was his first year starting. His stats that year would have been as good as the 2019 SEC’s freshmen of the year. Look up the numbers. I don’t see how people are trashing his 2018 numbers as hard as they do. He literally joined the team two months before the start of the season after not having played for three years. In his first few games he didn’t know players‘ names. But that year he beat a good Georgia team and by the end of the year you saw the potential talent that showed up in 2019.

Agree with all of this. I would only add that while Brady was awesome at LSU, NFL D Coordinators and players are on a different level than college. I think it will be very interesting to see how Brady handles the NFL competition on D.

Yeah, unlike the SEC, the NFL doesn't run 40 year old offenses, so what Brady did won't be new to anyone in his new job.

Not taking Burrow would be a huge mistake for the Bengals. Draft him number one build for the future with talent already in place. If burrow forces the issue let him sit out. He will regret it.
He might regret it a little but not nearly as much as Cincy would regret missing out on all the picks and/or players they would have gotten for trading the pick.

I had a draft party that day. Glorious. Back when you could have a ton of friends over because it was on a Saturday and not some whored out "prime time" corporate crap they made it into. Boiled 3 sacks of crawfish for me and 5 friends; great day to be Saints fan; one of their best drafts.
Yes those were the good old days of the draft. My ritual was crawfish as well. You could have the tv on for hours and hours. I wish they could go back to that format.

.@Bengals I have been told are listening to offers for the #1 pick in the @NFL Draft from :

1. @Chargers
2. @MiamiDolphins
3. @Broncos
4. @ChicagoBears
5. @Buccaneers

I don't see a deal in place from any other team...

Actually this tells me they won’t be trading with anyone of those teams and are using them to leverage

If the Saints trade to #1 it had better be for Chase Young.
You'll get shade for suggesting taking someone other than Burrow, but CY is likely the safer pick.

Hypothetical question: If you are the Bengals, sat on mountains of cap room, would you be willing to trade down with Chicago, if it gets you Khalil Mack as part of the deal? Is Mack at this stage better than Chase Young will be?

Of course, no one has used a player for pick trade to get the no. 1 spot for something like 29 years, so it's not happening, but as I say, hypothetical.

In all honesty, I think you'd take Young over Mack, but not sure.

Young is not as safe as some of you think he is. He was shut down by Clemson and has disappeared in big games.

I'm not commenting on the likelihood of anything - I think the likelihood of getting that far up in the draft is basically zero. But my money would be on Burrow being a Pro Bowler over Chase Young.

Also to note - Cincinnati is actually not that terrible of a situation to go to, in the grand scheme of historical destinations for a #1 pick. They have a little bit of talent on that team. Not playoff talent, but not flaming garbage can talent like most #1 pick teams have. The flaming garbage can of talent holds the #2 pick this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom