Cincinnati Bengals (1 Viewer)

Do you think Burrow and the Bengals go back to the Super Bowl?

• Yes

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 107 70.4%

• Total voters
I voted no, but not because I think Burrow's not capable. But this is the era of free agency and sudden big-time wheeling and dealing with trades. My call is that Burrow one day sees the Super Bowl again, but not with the Bengals.

Burrow is a true franchise QB you can continue to build your team around. He's that good. It was also helps that Ja'marr Chase is pretty good also.

The Bengals....for me.....are the closest thing I've seen to an alternate reality of the Saints somehow coming back and winning the 2006 NFCCG and getting to the SB. Both were sudden overachievers coming off terrible seasons, rejuvenated by a young coach, a franchise QB coming off a major injury, and Ja'Marr Chase being their "Reggie Bush" in last year's draft.

I do think the Bengals had a better chance of winning this past SB than the 2006 Saints would have had against the Colts. That was simply Peyton's time, and the 2007 NFL Kickoff game between the Colts and Saints should have eliminated any "what if?" doubts about how that SB would have unfolded.

To answer the specific thread question: no, I don't think they return to the SB this season...but I do think Burrow gets back there (and wins) within the next 3 years.

History says they will be more like the Dolphins. Its hard as heck to get to the SuperBowl.

Rogers, Ryan, Brees, Newton, Goff, are just some of many QBs people thought would make multiple SuperBowl appearances.

Ryan and Rogers are still playing but i dont see either one making another SB appearance

The field is almost always a better bet than the favorite. Too much parity in the NFL especially the AFC. It's also a long year a lot can happen.

PS: The Bengals are around 12th place for superbowl odds

What I've come to realize in the last years with Brees and Payton is that winning a Superbowl isn't just about how good a roster you have and how well you prepare and execute: it requires a tremendous amount of luck. We had that luck in 2009, and whatever the opposite of it is since.

The Bengals got those breaks last year and weren't able to capitalize with a championship. Burrow is great, but with the AFC stacked as it is for the foreseeable future, I'm not sure he makes it back.

What does your gut tell you about Joe Burrow and the Bengals after their Super Bowl appearance?

1. First of several SB trips

2. 84' Miami Dolphins - should have been the first of several appearances but they never go back to the big dance
Can you put a C. I don’t care about the bungles.
If the saints fumble away the season then I’ll follow some others teams but I plan on our fanbase having nothing to think about besides our own postseason.

Even with everyone rooting for them, they should of never been in the SB anyway.

You can thank Andy Reids 1 of many conference championship game collapses for that on top the fact the game prior with Buffalo came down to a coin toss.

The bread and butter of that team is Burrow, but will it be enough to go back anytime soon? I dunno, I think it will be very similar to Miami and Marino myself, difference will be Burrow is not staying in Cinci for 15 years or whatever it was with Marino.

The Bengals are tremendously talented. They have a two-year window to win it all before paying Burrow huge dollars, though the AFC is absurdly stacked. So long as Burrow is their quarterback, they have a shot. But I question whether ownership and management are up to the task.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom