Circumstances that increase our chances at Dorsey/Ellis (1 Viewer)

pennstater

Very Banned
Reaction score
Here is what I think would drastically increase our chances

-Miami must take either RB Mcfadden or QB Matt Ryan

- St. Louis must pass on Jake Long and take DE Chris Long

- Leodis Mclevin or Mike Jenkins must have a stellar Combine

- Keith Rivers must run a very strong 40 time.

- Falcons take whatever option Miami doesn't: either Mcfadden or Ryan

- Due to that fact QB Brohm wants to be the first QB taken, he participates in all physical activies at the combine.

- Gholston can not have any question marks from here on out

To me, imo, if a multitude of these circumstances happen then Glen Dorsey will be there at #10.

It will then shake out like this.

1. Miami - QB Matt Ryan
2. St. Louis - Chris Long
3. Oakland - Sedrick Ellis
4. Atlanta - Darren Mcfadden
5. Chiefs - Jake Long
6. Jets - Vernon Gholston
7. New England - Leodis Mclevin
8. Baltimore- Brian Brohm
9. Cincinatti - Keith Rivers
10. New Orleans - Glen Dorsey

If Leodis has a very strong combine then the Pats will have no LARGE need to re-sign Samuels at a bank breaking deal.

The fact that is Gholston keeps his status the Jets would be foolish not to make this pick.

Baltimore would maybe take a corner but the top corner on the boards would be taken by the pats.

The Bengals are the big player here. IMO they would take either Clady, Rivers, or Dorsey here. We realy need Rivers to be a big cut above the rest of the linebackers.

And just to throw it out there. If the first 7 picks shake out like this. Baltimore would have ZERO to lose by trading down with the Saints.

Last edited:
no it won't happen

im sorry

its okay

theres plenty of other guys out there for us

And just to throw it out there. If the first 7 picks shake out like this. Baltimore would have ZERO to lose by trading down with the Saints.

This is how it is gonna have to shake down IMO. Every mock Ive seen that has Ellis/Dorsey sliding to 9 has them going at 9. But whoever Balt targets at 8 will most likely be there at 10, plus the advantage of them keeping Ellis/Dorsey out of division. Also, Balt has no third round pick, and for them to give us their #8 and their 4th rounder for our #10 and 3rd rounder works out to within 7 pts on the value chart. I found this out while doing research for a mock I will soon be posting w/that trade.

no it won't happen

im sorry

its okay

theres plenty of other guys out there for us

Why do you say that? 4 of the 9 teams ahead of us play half or full time 3-4, Atlanta is in chaos and needs a franchise QB, Oakland is always a wild card as to what Al Davis will do, Kansas City and St Louis need O-line help and the Rams could use a DE too, and Dallas possibly trading up for Run-DMC will have to be factored in too. Personally, I see Dallas perhaps trading with St Louis to get ahead of Atl/Oak/NYJ who might all have desire for McFadden.

Why do you say that? 4 of the 9 teams ahead of us play half or full time 3-4, Atlanta is in chaos and needs a franchise QB, Oakland is always a wild card as to what Al Davis will do, Kansas City and St Louis need O-line help and the Rams could use a DE too, and Dallas possibly trading up for Run-DMC will have to be factored in too. Personally, I see Dallas perhaps trading with St Louis to get ahead of Atl/Oak/NYJ who might all have desire for McFadden.

Atlanta will build their offensive and defensive lines first before taking a QB. It does Atl no good to have a rookie QB getting creamed (ala David Carr) or McFadden getting hit in the backfield with no room to run, particularly with RB being as deep as it is in this draft. Not to mention, their new GM is from NE, where they put a premium on the O and D lines, and their new O Coordinator who loves to run the ball. In fact, I think the Falcons are the perfect candidate for a trade w/ the Cowboys if the Cowboys are going to trade up to get McFadden.

I think our best chance is if either Dorsey or Ellis (it will be Ellis, stop kidding yourselves) falls as far as #8 and we talk to the Ravens into a trade to keep the Bengals from getting him at #9. I'm guessing we'd only have to sacrifice our third round pick to make that move so it wouldn't be crippling to our draft to do so.
Even then, that's only if both aren't gone by #8, which I think is still pretty likely.

I think our best chance is if either Dorsey or Ellis (it will be Ellis, stop kidding yourselves) falls as far as #8 and we talk to the Ravens into a trade to keep the Bengals from getting him at #9. I'm guessing we'd only have to sacrifice our third round pick to make that move so it wouldn't be crippling to our draft to do so.
Even then, that's only if both aren't gone by #8, which I think is still pretty likely.

I am thinking about the same.(Dorsey & Ellis may be gone in the top 5?)

If we want one of the 2 DTs...we have to trade up, starting with the Raiders, KC, Jets, Pats, or Ravens, depending of the availablity of one of them. The Bengals will do exactly the very same thing, knowing full well that we want exactly the same thing they want. It is highly unlikely (but not impossible) that neither of them (DTs) go outside the top 5.

The FA will be the measuring stick of the FOs intentions....if we go and land Briggs, I fully expect thew Saints to go full blast after Ellis, or Dorsey!

From what I understand (well what my dad told me) the Dolphins are actually most interested in Chris Long and that Beck is their QB for next season.

A more straightforward scenario would be for Dorsey to be caught with a small bag of bud or come up positive on the marijuana test. Then we can get him, Warren Sapp style :9:

A more straightforward scenario would be for Dorsey to be caught with a small bag of bud or come up positive on the marijuana test. Then we can get him, Warren Sapp style :9:

Happened with Amobi, and look what he did for Mario Williams.

These picks presume that none of the other teams ahead of us except Atlanta will take the BPA; but we are expected to. All seem to be due to need and not by BPA. If other teams abide by this draft mantra, then they will both be long gone.

Happened with Amobi, and look what he did for Mario Williams.

Actually Amobi Okoye admitted past marijuana use, as did a couple of other players. It was looked upon more favorably than being caught with it.

Dorsey strikes me as a player that's extremely aware of the good image than he has, and I seriously doubt he would do anything to ruin that. I dunno about Ellis, but I hope he drops to us, in any event.

If we want one of the 2 DTs...we have to trade up, starting with the Raiders, KC, Jets, Pats, or Ravens, depending of the availablity of one of them. The Bengals will do exactly the very same thing, knowing full well that we want exactly the same thing they want. It is highly unlikely (but not impossible) that neither of them (DTs) go outside the top 5.

The FA will be the measuring stick of the FOs intentions....if we go and land Briggs, I fully expect thew Saints to go full blast after Ellis, or Dorsey!

Trading up is the ONLY way we can land one those monsters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom