City Of NOLA still auditing (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint

Hall of Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have 2 auditors sitting in my conference room right now doing sales tax audits on 2 different bars. This is the most disgusting and distasteful thing I can think of by the City. These bar owners havent been open since March and STILL cant open due to City Ordinances but the City wants to squeeze them and shake them down for every nickel.

And before anyone tries to defend the auditors or the city, know this. The owners have nothing to hide, however, sales tax audits ALWAYS find something and the Bars need to hire professionals to look over everything for them, which costs money. And i know the auditors are just doing their jobs, but they can audit 100s of other businesses than the ones that are most impacted right now.

Just want to spread the word.

Audits, assessments on property...just really bad timing/optics.

I have 2 auditors sitting in my conference room right now doing sales tax audits on 2 different bars. This is the most disgusting and distasteful thing I can think of by the City. These bar owners havent been open since March and STILL cant open due to City Ordinances but the City wants to squeeze them and shake them down for every nickel.

And before anyone tries to defend the auditors or the city, know this. The owners have nothing to hide, however, sales tax audits ALWAYS find something and the Bars need to hire professionals to look over everything for them, which costs money. And i know the auditors are just doing their jobs, but they can audit 100s of other businesses than the ones that are most impacted right now.

Just want to spread the word.

I hear ya. The city is still holding us to having documents on file that they are not updating and sending to businesses (bars and restaurants) because of covid. If they aren't doing their part how can people have up to date documents? It's frustrating.

On the personal end, this is now the 4th month in a row that the SWB has estimated my bill...of course at double my regular usage.

I know the city is hurting for cash, but come on.

In case you missed it LaToya's next step is to go after unemployment benefits of anyone that violates her COVID rules. Its a joke.

I dont see how she has authority in that, that is a State agency.

I agree, but it is emblematic of how she spends her time and where her priorities are.

She and Avegno are ready to smother the city and every worker until we're broke and dead in the name of public health.

I agree, but it is emblematic of how she spends her time and where her priorities are.

She and Avegno are ready to smother the city and every worker until we're broke and dead in the name of public health.

In the meantime, they just announced that there will be no fans for the Green Bay game either. With her delivery and ambiguous references to undisclosed and undefined 'data', it's hard not to feel like her decision making leans on contempt and demonstrations of power.

The worst part is there's no plan or vision to move forward. This is it. This is all there is. The situation is really bad. I know a ton of really talented and hard working people who are out of work. Many are leaving the city.

In the meantime, they just announced that there will be no fans for the Green Bay game either. With her delivery and ambiguous references to undisclosed and undefined 'data', it's hard not to feel like her decision making leans on contempt and demonstrations of power.

The worst part is there's no plan or vision to move forward. This is it. This is all there is. The situation is really bad. I know a ton of really talented and hard working people who are out of work. Many are leaving the city.
Also her permits guy just threatened to fine businesses that block sidewalks.

Everywhere else they figuredn out that outdoor dining and drinking was the way to go during COVID.

We're making threats to those that try it.

Parish SUT auditors or contract auditors? I used to work for an audit defense firm and we had a lot of success flipping SUT audits into refunds for our clients. Contract auditors are some of the worst to work with though.

of shouldn't be capitalized. yay my nazism for the day! just yanking your chain.

Parish SUT auditors or contract auditors? I used to work for an audit defense firm and we had a lot of success flipping SUT audits into refunds for our clients. Contract auditors are some of the worst to work with though.

These are City of NOLA sales tax auditors. I have had tons of luck with other audits, but Sales tax has been awful, especially bars because of Use tax and Voids that are inevitable.

its a shame really

I keep telling myself that one of the benefits of going out of business is not having to pay that $20k in property taxes this year lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom