Civilization 6 (1 Viewer)

By far the most intriguing thing is the unstacking city aspect.

Three Ways Sid Meier's Civilization 6 Radically Reinvents Itself: City-Building, Science, and Diplomacy - IGN

Among many changes, Beach highlights two that he believes will make the biggest difference. The first is what he calls “Unstacking the cities,” a reference to the way Civilization 5 flattened out the “Stack of Doom” armies that ruled Civilization 1 through 4 and limited each tile to having just one military unit on it at a time. “All of the sudden the military side of the game got much more interesting,” he observes. “There’s all sort of tactical complexity that was unlocked by putting the units out on the map.” So for Civilization 6 Beach’s team has applied the same concept to cities, which in all previous games have always existed on a single tile, cramming every building into that space.

Instead, Firaxis has created the concept of 12 different types of color-coded Districts (five or six of which will be available from the beginning) that exist on their own tiles on the map, outside the city center and will house specific building types. “A science district, which we’ve called a campus, once constructed will allow you to put a library and a university and a research lab out on that tile. And now your city is sort of specialized toward being a really good science city,” says Beach.

Of course, the number of Districts a city can support is limited by its population, which will force you to choose which areas each city should specialize in early on, and provide yet another strong incentive to expand your empire early. And those choices will be heavily influenced by the terrain you start on, says Lead Producer Dennis Shirk. “Right out of the gate you’re going to get adjacency bonuses of science by putting a Campus next to mountains or jungle. If you put down a holy site you’re going to want it next to woods to get the bonus there. If you’re on the coast, obviously you’re going to want to build a harbor. But these take up tiles, so eventually you also have to think about feeding your people. You have to make sure you can still build farms and mines, and wonders take up whole tiles as well. You can’t have everything everywhere.”

Madden, COD, Sonic, Duke Nukem, Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Tony Hawk etc...

Nothing is safe.

the new Tomb Raider games are very good...

if you actually played games, you would know this

The unstacked city aspect was part of Endless Legend. I thought that was interesting way to build the cities, and I am glad that they implemented it in Civ 6.

the new Tomb Raider games are very good...

if you actually played games, you would know this

I own the two latest games, they've righted the ship.

Let's discuss this "I don't game" misunderstanding. You've always been wrong about that. I do play games.

You see Anita, you suffer from a logic fallacy. It's called the argument from inertia. It posits that it is necessary to continue on a mistaken course of action even after discovering it is mistaken, because changing course would mean admitting that one's decision or opinion was wrong, and all one's effort, expense and sacrifice was for nothing, and that's unthinkable. I have been a dedicated gamer since before you tried on your first pair of Osh-Kosh jorts. I primarily play on PC and you prefer PS4. There's nothing wrong with that but what we look for in a gaming experience might vary slightly. I still assign a great amount of value to your opinion and look forward to the reviews of the latest console offerings from you. I also place a very high value on what I perceive to be our friendship. I hope that you do the same.

Now Widge, that's a different story. No one likes that guy.

I do see WDF on steam pretty often... The occasional times I play Diablo, I see him playing Hearthstone as well..

Context-1.jpg

After so many hours playing Civ 5, the look is a slight culture shock. It will take a bit of getting used to. But it seems like it is going to be another classic Civ. Barbarians are a true threat again. Glad my first game taught me all about the Barbs being super powers early.

After so many hours playing Civ 5, the look is a slight culture shock. It will take a bit of getting used to. But it seems like it is going to be another classic Civ. Barbarians are a true threat again. Glad my first game taught me all about the Barbs being super powers early.

I agree, on the look. I just hope with builders expiring after x amount of builds, and corps and army additions cutting out troops. The game runs faster towards the end. I think that is what they were going for with the look cartooned down a bit.

I also really miss Leonard Nimoy! RIP

I am headed to work so only logged a quick hour in this morning. But I plan on playing all weekend. Gonna fire up the crock pot, put football on the tube, and Civ 6 the **** out of this weekend.

Are there Mongols? I'm not playing if there are Mongols. Keep burning my freaking library. Dont care if you rename it a "campus" the Mongols will burn it. Freaking Mongols.

Are there Mongols? I'm not playing if there are Mongols. Keep burning my freaking library. Dont care if you rename it a "campus" the Mongols will burn it. Freaking Mongols.

No Mongols... yet

Civilization 6

All leaders in the vanilla version of the game are in that link above. But we will get dozens more through expansion packs and DLC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom