Civilization 6 (1 Viewer)

Neg, if yall wanted to raid last night... everyone had to get on and ready before 11PM, even 10pm was too late to get started.. Once 11pm rolled around, I just said **** it and kept playing Civ. That last part is going to take us longer than an hour for everyone to get on the same page. Probably longer than an hour for both sections.

Well, last night wasn't going to work anyway, even with you, we only had 5. Although we could have gotten our Australian to play.

I chose wisely.. Well I chose the guy that said he never ran it before because I figured that would be the guy that wouldn't just bounce as soon as we wiped a handful of times.

I'm enjoying Civ6 so far, but there are some aspects that need to be worked on. I started a brand new game as Rome the other day, on the 12th turn of the game, I met America. On the 14th turn of the game, America declared war on me because they believed I was a war monger. On the 15th turn, get this...Rome declares war on me (yes I am Rome), because they "just can't allow us to live." Two rounds later, I meet the Vikings, who tell me that my lack of a navy is pitiful, to which three turns later they declared war on me.

Also, in the middle of retaliating against America and them begging for peace every single round, 4 barbarian knights literally spawned between my 4 archers surrounding Washington (with 1 space between them and the city) and the city itself. Just poof, here's 4 additional things to suddenly fight, have at it...oh wait sorry they spawned and killed all your archers in one round, congrats!

Overall though, I'm having a good time with it. Trying to learn to plan ahead for the various new city layouts and world wonders is difficult when you're use to just farming/resourcing everything around the city. It definitely requires a more tactical approach to the game.

I'm enjoying Civ6 so far, but there are some aspects that need to be worked on. I started a brand new game as Rome the other day, on the 12th turn of the game, I met America. On the 14th turn of the game, America declared war on me because they believed I was a war monger. On the 15th turn, get this...Rome declares war on me (yes I am Rome), because they "just can't allow us to live." Two rounds later, I meet the Vikings, who tell me that my lack of a navy is pitiful, to which three turns later they declared war on me.

Also, in the middle of retaliating against America and them begging for peace every single round, 4 barbarian knights literally spawned between my 4 archers surrounding Washington (with 1 space between them and the city) and the city itself. Just poof, here's 4 additional things to suddenly fight, have at it...oh wait sorry they spawned and killed all your archers in one round, congrats!

Overall though, I'm having a good time with it. Trying to learn to plan ahead for the various new city layouts and world wonders is difficult when you're use to just farming/resourcing everything around the city. It definitely requires a more tactical approach to the game.

You're doing it wrong.

There are plenty of bugs in the game, and the diplomatic system is very quirky. I had an instance of Declaring war on myself yesterday as well, but it was actually Gandhi declaring a joint war against me with England. It seems if you haven't met a civ yet and they are dragged into a war against you, they just pick a random civ to display. It may not be random actually, because the Aztec DLC throws off the numbers a bit. I've seen game seeds posted on Reddit and when you try to use them it gives a totally different start than what was entered. Once you remove the Aztec DLC you can get the same game seed to work properly, so if you ever find game seeds online you will also need to verify if that seed was with or without DLC.

Anyway, since you didn't preorder you didn't get the Aztecs. But moving on, the Barbarians are specifically set up to be in Raging Mode to make them actually have an impact and to keep the AI from expanding to fast. If a scout spots you and returns to his encampment you will be attacked by a barbarian 'horde'. Those Barbs didn't just magically appear, they were already on their way. Really you can let them deal with America, it will weaken them, and then you will easily wipe them up.

But this is typical for a Civ launch, the systems are in place, but they aren't fine tuned and usually it will take a few months to get it tuned.

The agenda system pretty much guarantees some civs will hate you and others will be your friend. In ancient era there is no Warmongering penalty, and quite frankly the only Civs that survived the Ancient era of Earth were either the conquerors or were isolated from the rest of the world. So everyone going to war on you in the opening makes perfect sense.

PS: Civ was meant for me... :p

Rodrick name meaning
Rodrick is: Famous ruler.

Behind the Name: Meaning, origin and history of the name Roderick
Means "famous power" from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and ric "power". This name was in use among the Visigoths; it was borne by their last king (also known as Rodrigo), who died fighting the Muslim invaders of Spain in the 8th century. It also had cognates in Old Norse and West Germanic, and Scandinavian settlers and Normans introduced it to England, though it died out after the Middle Ages. It was revived in the English-speaking world by Sir Walter Scott's poem 'The Vision of Don Roderick' (1811).

And Bonus points...

Urban Dictionary: rodrick
I won't quote the ones from Urban.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom