Civilization 6 (2 Viewers)

1 and 0 vs a friend of mine online. First game he appeared to be about 15 turns away from getting a victory. I wasn't very sure one way of the other, but I had just marched accross the map taking down Russia, the Congo and Brazil. He was fighting Greece the whole time, and finally finished them off before setting off for India. He took his entire army to India when I arrived at his border. His feelings were hurt for a day or so but we are deep into our second game now.

This is why I like to up the difficulty and play as an alliance. I suck too bad pvp to be proper competition.

As of right now, online doesn't have teams. We started in a pseudo alliance, but I clearly texted him that we were in the end game and it was every man for himself about 15 turns before I made it to his border. I made sure to tell him multiple different ways so that if he wasn't prepared he had no excuse.

Second play through.. picked Rome. I just started my religion (picked Catholicism), and Russia just waltzed in and turned everyone Orthodox. My one poor missionary was overwhelmed. This is the second play through where Russia comes in hot with Religion.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rEckY-TUv9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The interface lag frustrates me so badly that I can't play the game unless I am playing online vs my friend. I won't be committing full time to this game until the user interface lag is eliminated.

The interface lag frustrates me so badly that I can't play the game unless I am playing online vs my friend. I won't be committing full time to this game until the user interface lag is eliminated.

Interface lag in single player mode? I've not seen it, though I have had it zoom to one unit, me right click for it to move, only for it to be another random unit way off somewhere else.

Yes culture Victories are based on tourism. In the upper right hand corner shows "world rankings" which gives you the different victory types and the progress towards them. Though it doesn't tell you what actually triggers the Culture victory.

I just completed a cultural game with Greece. It was a lot of fun with the great people, and building wonders, and district buildings to house great works of art/music/literature.

They way you win cultural is to have more people from other nations visiting your cities, than the next highest person had tourism total.

I.E. Arabia was producing 159 tourism and they were second to me. I needed to get 160 visitors from all other countries. You do this by having trading posts, and open borders with other civs. As well as having wonders, resorts, and great works that would interest visitors.

You can see how many visitors you have if you look at the cultural tab, its a sub tab when you click on victory conditions.

Big update. The game is now playable, yay.

I haven't played in about 3-4 days. When did the update come out?

I'm near the end of my second playthrough.. now as Rome. I'm about to make my first Nuke. I'm deciding if I'll just go with the science win (already launched a probe) or if I'll just start nuking who's left and be a total jerk.

It is funny having Modern Armor Tanks and everyone else either has bows/spears or muskets.

Last night. And it is Glorious.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E7oMBq1vkCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have yet to get a domination victory.

My latest playthrough crashes at turn 410, and I have 5/8 (including mine) capitals and am Waring with the other 3 at the moment. I have reloaded a dozen times from various auto saves and its still crashing so I set the bug in course a while back. But kinda bummed about it.

I have scored Cultural With Pericles, Science with T.Roosevelt, and religious with Peter the Great.

Religion is by far the easiest route, completed normal game in 288 turns. I actually really enjoyed it. They made it fun in this game. I was producing 150 religion per turn, and with the Theocracy government, and some of the science bonuses for faith I was able to keep up with most of the civs in science, and I could buy all the units with faith.

Was a lot of fun.

I liked the Culture game as well, but I could not build even close to enough wonders, districts etc. to house all the great works. I had great people by the dozen, just standing around. But it was enjoyable.

Science was o.k., but it took me awhile 485/500 turns on normal game. I think Science/industry is a good combo for this play through. My production was lacking cause I was all in on science and I researched future tech a couple dozen times, while I plodded along with the space race stuff.

Disappointing having the domination playthough crash, but gives me a reason to start another I guess.

Game is still awesome!

I tried a nuke. The world did not like that. One of my cities got so war weary, they turned into barbarians. I decided, I didn't like this and rolled it back and just ended the war with no Nuke. They declared on me, so I wasn't exactly ready. Now I'm gearing up for a war with someone else.

Then I got the cultural victory again. Still playing, since I"m almost done with the Science Victory.

I tried a nuke. The world did not like that. One of my cities got so war weary, they turned into barbarians. I decided, I didn't like this and rolled it back and just ended the war with no Nuke. They declared on me, so I wasn't exactly ready. Now I'm gearing up for a war with someone else.

Then I got the cultural victory again. Still playing, since I"m almost done with the Science Victory.

Actually, even without using that nuke, I went from having like no war weariness to 8 of my cities all revolting and being -7 to -13 in war weariness. Even years after I ended the war, it wouldn't go away. I figured it was a bug, so I just re-loaded a save I had prior to my war with Spain.

Very frustrating. I had basically taken Spain out in the span of a couple years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom