CJ Anderson (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Reading through ESPN’s NFL Free Agency Dominos scenario for Le’veon Bell, it has Bell signing with SF, Falcons signing McKinnon, Coleman joining the Jets, Mark Ingram going to the Yucs, and the Saints signing CJ Anderson.

I don’t love the idea of Ingram leaving us, but I did like what I saw from CJ Anderson, and wouldn’t be upset if that was the replacement.

They also have a scenario with Mark going to Oakland and Jay Ajayi coming here, and another scenario with Mark staying in NO.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...son-dominoes-free-agents-trades-cause-ripples

I prefer the scenario where Ingram retires a Saints with a Super Bowl.
Don’t we all?

Honestly, I want him to retire here as well, and I think the odds of that happening are in our favor, I just fear a team with a lot of cap space will come in and offer him a lot of guaranteed money, and I wouldn’t begrudge him for taking the guaranteed cash over a potential Super Bowl Title.

Don’t we all?

Honestly, I want him to retire here as well, and I think the odds of that happening are in our favor, I just fear a team with a lot of cap space will come in and offer him a lot of guaranteed money, and I wouldn’t begrudge him for taking the guaranteed cash over a potential Super Bowl Title.

I think Ingram is one of the most loyal guys out there. He still shows up at Bama games on the sidelines when he can and is their biggest cheerleader. He seems like the kind of guy who'd take a fair offer from us so he'd be in a situation to make another SB run and not be run into the ground in doing so. I just get the feeling from him that he loves being the locker room leader - kind of the heart and soul of the team - and the team responds to him well. I don't think there's any beef between him and a single player on the roster. He's the ultimate team player, does what he's asked and does it well, all while splitting carries with the new young superstar. Could you imagine Reggie Bush handling this like Ingram has?

We offer him $5-6/year for three years, half guaranteed and I think he'd be happy to stay. Leveon Bell showed last year that running backs aren't getting that kind of money anymore. The mistake has been made over and over again going back to CJ2K and hasn't worked out yet.

If I were the Saints, you pony up a little more a year just for his leadership alone. He is an asset in the locker room and can still play at a high level.

I'd take Jay Ajayi over C.J. Anderson.

If I were the Saints, you pony up a little more a year just for his leadership alone. He is an asset in the locker room and can still play at a high level.

No doubt. I'm sure that learned lesson is still fresh after letting Harper and Jenkins walk.

He will stay here.

Going to another organization will be not what he is after. Learning a new system without a great qb to help out the run game is not what a rb wants.

I don't think Ingram leaves, but if he does, I'd sign Jay Ajayi.

If I'm not mistaken Jay Ajayi has struggled to stay healthy most of his career, he is also not in any way as dynamic/effective as MI as a receiver or in pass protection. I really don't think he is a good fit for SP's offense....

I really think the Saints find a way to keep MI, only an insanely huge offer from another team could prevent that I believe and at 30 I don't think he will get that type of offer...at least I hope not....

I don't see Ingram finishing his career with the Bucs and Jameis Winston, et al. Can you imagine playing with the GOAT your whole NFL career and then going play with that QB?

Yeah, Ingram is a smart guy, he knows having drew and AK keeps him healthy and gives him the best chance of a ring. You cant say that in Tampa, Baltimore, or Oakland. Oakland has a decent QB, but he's no Drew. Nobody knows who the QB is in Tampa on a given week. Baltimore's QB, Jackson, will end up hurt and then captain handoff will be back in. All three of those teams will ride him into the ground.

We must do whatever it takes to at least retain Ingram, among all the key players up for a new deal. He fits the offense; C.J. Anderson didn't really even fit what the Rams had been doing up to Gurley's injury/alleged attitude issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom