Saints CJ Gardner-Johnson "Enforcer" highlight video (1 Viewer)

We dont need a guy to blitz from safety unless i see him fool qb and int or knock it down

Wow.
Heat seeking missile tackler.
Wraps up and you go down, without question.
outstanding anticipation.
Covers WR deep down the field.....AND tackles RBs behind the line.
Makes no doubter solo tackles in open space.
That play against McCaffrey.....oh my!!!!
Perfect but show tje plays he blitz and there is a completion

What?

I can’t tell what you mean....are you insinuating DA blitzes CJ and gets beat? Or CJ is a poor blitzer?

Because pound for pound I felt he was our most effective defender last season.

What? So you're saying to show the multiple plays he blitzes, which is called by the coach, and there is one completion? How is that bad? This is the second comment on here where your post is pretty difficult to understand and seems negative.

I'd have to dig out Mike D's draft guide, but if I remember correctly, he was graded as a 1st round talent, but fell due to questions about his attitude, being suspended at least once, breaking team rules. Something like that. A pleasant surprise that he's seemed to put that all behind him as a pro.

I was asking myself where I had heard that name before when the Saints took this kid and when I remembered who he was I was high-fiving myself!!

Nothing this kid does on the field surprises me......................it amazes me but it doesn't surprise me at all!!

With CGJ and McCoy the Saints knocked it out of the park ........................AGAIN!!

I was asking myself where I had heard that name before when the Saints took this kid and when I remembered who he was I was high-fiving myself!!

Nothing this kid does on the field surprises me......................it amazes me but it doesn't surprise me at all!!

With CGJ and McCoy the Saints knocked it out of the park ........................AGAIN!!
This is why I never understand why every year people keep asking for Loomis/Ireland to trade down and accumulate more picks.

It's not their MO, it's not how they operate from a Strategic mindset as far as the Draft goes.

McCoy / Gardner-Johnson are the perfect examples.

they traded UP for both.

Ireland, Loomis, even Payton prefer to swing for the fences and give up picks, to go up and ensure they get the prospects they love; they would rather have fewer picks and hit home runs on 2 or 3 of them than just accumulate lower picks and "maybe" hit on 2/8, 2/9 and end up cutting or trying to stash a bunch of developmental guys.

This is why I never understand why every year people keep asking for Loomis/Ireland to trade down and accumulate more picks.

It's not their MO, it's not how they operate from a Strategic mindset as far as the Draft goes.

McCoy / Gardner-Johnson are the perfect examples.

they traded UP for both.

Ireland, Loomis, even Payton prefer to swing for the fences and give up picks, to go up and ensure they get the prospects they love; they would rather have fewer picks and hit home runs on 2 or 3 of them than just accumulate lower picks and "maybe" hit on 2/8, 2/9 and end up cutting or trying to stash a bunch of developmental guys.

You go get who you want and you don't settle for who falls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom