CJ Gardner-Johnson may be the best slot corner we've had in decades (1 Viewer)

We were missing both our best all-time slot corner and our maybe one of our best all-time cover LBs on Sunday. Kwon and CJ were sorely missed in the middle of the field.

I have seen quite a few Saints games since 1971, and I can't recall anyone who comes close to Ceedy Deuce.. (His impact was sorely missed Sunday)
Of course back in the half-day, we were so Excited to have ONE decent CB, so no one really looked to see who our #3 corner/slot CB was.
I mean when your #2 CB sucks, then I mean, your #3 CB is horrible. :(
Marshon Lattimore, Jabari "Safari" Greer, and Tracy "Pick off ANOTHER Hall of Fame QB" Porter, were not born yet......
----Fun Saints fact related to the topic :)
Dave Whitsell, OG-CB, AND, Tracy Porter attended Indiana University. Whitsell Indiana-Bloomington

Last edited:
CGJ was sorely missed in wk2! Carolina was able to work the middle and the flats all day. CGJ limits all that with his matchup skills and allows the other safeties and LBs to focus on more favorable matchups and/or pressure.
I couldn't tell ya how many times I saw Baun trying to cover DJ Moore over the middle 💀

I think his absence had more of an effect on a mostly subpar showing by the defense than anyone else's last Sunday.

We get wrapped up in how he's able to get in WR's heads, which is awesome in itself. But his mental quickness, ball skills, tackling skills, and anticipation are amazing. And his motor is non-freaking-stop.

Sure, highlight videos can make anyone look good, but CJGJ gave them a LOT of material to work with.

He's gotten better each year. Can't wait to see him ball out this year.

He’s one of the best impact defenders on the team. Ever since his rookie year even. He’s dynamic and changes the defense positively when he’s on the field.

I think his absence had more of an effect on a mostly subpar showing by the defense than anyone else's last Sunday.
Yep Yep!

He likely woulda covered Cmac a time r ten, pretty much shut him down, n then tell him ALL about it!

😂😂😂

More importantly tho, he brings that kind of energy n physical play that his teammates feed off of!!!

Hope to have him back in NE!!!

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom