Class 5A 2006 LHSAA Football Playoffs Bracket (1 Viewer)

What? Why is Shaw in 4A? When did that happen?

I'm not sure. I guess the LHSAA decided to actually classify based on enrollment. It's why Evangel is in 1A now.

I thought Carencro played Acadiana and lost?

I certainly don't keep up with highschool football, but I am surprised Bastrop is a 4 seed. The News-Star sportswriters talk like West Monroe and John Curtis are lucky they don't have to play them.

Mandeville gets to travel to Ruston...practically the most distant point in the state in relation to where they already are.

Thanks for nothing, LHSAA.

What? Why is Shaw in 4A? When did that happen?

Ditto with OPWalker....we used to play Shaw when I was in high school, so I assume that both were in the same class division at the time -- I think I remember it as 5A.

But with post-Katrina enrollment, not surprising that several NO area schools would have had to move down a notch.

Ditto with OPWalker....we used to play Shaw when I was in high school, so I assume that both were in the same class division at the time -- I think I remember it as 5A.

But with post-Katrina enrollment, not surprising that several NO area schools would have had to move down a notch.

Actually Kellye, when we were in school, there was no 5A. 4A was the highest/largest schools. 5A was created some time after that. Rummel (and all of the Catholic league schools, including Shaw) were District 9 - 4A. I still see Holy Cross and some others listed as 5A, so I thought the whole league had moved up to 5A. I guess not.

HS playoff seeding is according to the power ratings which relies on opponents records. It has nothing to do with the worthless polls that pop up from time to time. Bastrop would likely destroy any team in LA, including WMHS, Evangel and Curtis.

I'm predicting a West Monroe v. Fontainebleau showdown in the Superdome, but the game of the year will be West Monroe and East St. John.

Actually Kellye, when we were in school, there was no 5A. 4A was the highest/largest schools. 5A was created some time after that. Rummel (and all of the Catholic league schools, including Shaw) were District 9 - 4A. I still see Holy Cross and some others listed as 5A, so I thought the whole league had moved up to 5A. I guess not.

Shaw did move with the other Catholic league schools to 5A. But were moved down to 4A in the past few years. Now they're in a district with Helen Cox and Belle Chasse, I think. Shaw never did have 5A enrollment, and when I was there, I think 4A was marginal.

MLU, I hope your West Monroe team stomps West Jeff. Not because I don't like West Jeff, but who their coach is. I guess that's one old high school grudge I never let go. I need to discuss this with a therapist. :ezbill:

HS playoff seeding is according to the power ratings which relies on opponents records. It has nothing to do with the worthless polls that pop up from time to time. Bastrop would likely destroy any team in LA, including WMHS, Evangel and Curtis.

I'm predicting a West Monroe v. Fontainebleau showdown in the Superdome, but the game of the year will be West Monroe and East St. John.

Destrehan was undefeated....and then they played East St. John! Wooo!
They got slaughtered.

I'm still pulling for Destrehan.

It's cool that Joe Horn supports them. He and his kid were at the Destrehan/Hahnville game. He's very nice, and supportive of the community he lives in.

Bastrop would not destroy Curtis....they wouldnt even beat them yet DESTROY THEM

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom