Classic Games (1 Viewer)

AustSaint

A little street sweeper
Reaction score
Hi all,
As an overseas Saints fan I have not had the ability to watch as many games as most of the members on the forum, especially in the early days of my fandom (the Billy-Joe years, possibly a good thing)...I have recently come across a youtube channel that has got a lot of classic games posted, including many Saints games from over the years. If the posting of the name of the YouTube contravenes any rules or regulations of the website, please feel free to delete. The name of the youtube channel is Bart Simpson, I hope my fellow Saints fans get as much joy as I do from this channel. I am going to either watch a 2001 Saints vs Patriots game or a 2003 Saints vs Jaguars game tonight.

I am going to either watch a 2001 Saints vs Patriots game or a 2003 Saints vs Jaguars game tonight.
So your options are watching a young Tom Brady shred our crumbling defense or the famed missed extra point?

I’ll just keep those as memories and not relive the horrors in vivid color! 😆

Just kidding - I’m a sucker for the old Saints games (win or lose). I am particularly fond of watching the games from my youth (82’-92’) because those games really shaped my love for the team.

There’s a ton of folks who have complete games dating back to the 70s. You can search the team names and a year and more often than not you’ll find something.

YouTube is a blast.

One game I will never watch though is the 2011 49ers Divisional game. I’ll never watch so much as a highlight of that one. It took me too long to get it out of my nightmares. 😆

I've found quite a bit of old Saints games on YouTube, including a couple of games from the late 70s. I have saved most of them on an external hard drive. It's great in the offseason to go back and watch some of these games again....yes even the bad ones. I've toyed around with creating a Saints centric YouTube channel and uploading the games, but am hesitant to do so due to the likely wrath of the ol Ginger and the NFL.

As die hard as I have been for so many years I can’t watch a game that isn’t live, have never watched a single game twice. Not even our Super Bowl win.

May still check this channel out to skim thru some of the games. Thanks for the link.

As die hard as I have been for so many years I can’t watch a game that isn’t live, have never watched a single game twice. Not even our Super Bowl win.

May still check this channel out to skim thru some of the games. Thanks for the link.
That’s interesting to hear.

I’m one of those weirdos who watches the games a minimum of twice and sometimes 3-4 times and if it’s a particularly special game, I’ll watch it multiple times and save it for the offseason. The 2020 blowout in Tampa was particularly fun to rewatch.

I’ve never enjoyed watching our loses but I’ll kind of skim through them for highlights and such.

It’s weird - sometimes I’ll be watching an old game from 25-30 years ago and will still get pumped. For instance whenever I watch the Saints Rams 1990 MNF game that sent us to our second playoff appearance - on the final drive when Walsh hits Martin on that shallow cross and he takes 30 yards - I still get some goosebumps!

It’s fun.

That’s interesting to hear.

I’m one of those weirdos who watches the games a minimum of twice and sometimes 3-4 times and if it’s a particularly special game, I’ll watch it multiple times and save it for the offseason. The 2020 blowout in Tampa was particularly fun to rewatch.

I’ve never enjoyed watching our loses but I’ll kind of skim through them for highlights and such.

It’s weird - sometimes I’ll be watching an old game from 25-30 years ago and will still get pumped. For instance whenever I watch the Saints Rams 1990 MNF game that sent us to our second playoff appearance - on the final drive when Walsh hits Martin on that shallow cross and he takes 30 yards - I still get some goosebumps!

It’s fun.
Man I’ll bet it is fun, wish I could get into rewatching. I miss out on a lot I’m quite sure.

I’d never be able to rewatch any of the heartbreaking losses tho…even if rewatching was my thing.

I showed my gf the dome patrol vid a few nights ago. So thankful I grew up in that era of our team and how football was played back then in general.
Got very pumped up watching it, she cared not and fell asleep lol.

Me too. Even when I record the prime time games because they’re in the middle of the night over here and watch them the next day without knowing the score so it’s as if it’s live, I still find myself fast forwarding to the 4th quarter.

I use to rewatch some of the big wins back in the 2006-2013 era, but I stopped soon after that.

Me too. Even when I record the prime time games because they’re in the middle of the night over here and watch them the next day without knowing the score so it’s as if it’s live, I still find myself fast forwarding to the 4th quarter.

I use to rewatch some of the big wins back in the 2006-2013 era, but I stopped soon after that.
Man I’ve had to do that a few times over the years, and never failed I’d see the score somehow, always trying to avoid it. Completely ruins it for me and I can’t even watch. I’m glad you’re able to do it without seeing the score.

I want to be able to see more games from the Aaron Brooks/Joe Horn/Deuce McAllister era but full games are scarce, particularly 2002-2005

Ugh... the river city relay game? I remember watching that out at a bar here in jersey. So many emotions in such a short period of time

So your options are watching a young Tom Brady shred our crumbling defense or the famed missed extra point?

I’ll just keep those as memories and not relive the horrors in vivid color! 😆

Just kidding - I’m a sucker for the old Saints games (win or lose). I am particularly fond of watching the games from my youth (82’-92’) because those games really shaped my love for the team.

There’s a ton of folks who have complete games dating back to the 70s. You can search the team names and a year and more often than not you’ll find something.

YouTube is a blast.

One game I will never watch though is the 2011 49ers Divisional game. I’ll never watch so much as a highlight of that one. It took me too long to get it out of my nightmares. 😆
I like watching the old line ups, guys who either I only had a slight memory of playing for the Saints or no idea that they did. Fun times, i have been able to watch a lot of the games from our our Super Bowl season using this website, that has been a nice trip down memory lane

Back then was real football....shoulder pads looks enormous on those guys. Today they wear yoga pants above the knees no cup and barley any shoulder pads.
But it's a sport that I love with my Saints in it so I watch.

Back then was real football....shoulder pads looks enormous on those guys. Today they wear yoga pants above the knees no cup and barley any shoulder pads.
But it's a sport that I love with my Saints in it so I watch.
During the height of pandemic boredom I watched the 1990 NFC Championship game - the one between the Niners and Giants.

I have never seen a more hard-hitting game.

Seriously, check it out if you have time. I’d estimate about 40% of the routine tackles in that game would have been penalized today.

If you want to watch a classic Saints game, Youtube has a couple versions of the 2006 Saints vs Eagles playoff game. Enjoy Deuce as the heart of the Saints as he refused to lose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom