Zeppelin's Since I've Been Loving You

With an emphasis on the "not obvious:"

Never Been Any Reason -- Head East
Godzilla -- Blue Oyster Cult
Fall of the Peacemakers- Molly Hatchet
Walkin' the Dog -- Aerosmith
Chip Away the Stone -- Aerosmith
No Surprize -- Aerosmith
(Anything not on radio from Aerosmith's 1st 5 albums)
The Rover - Led Zeppelin (or most of Physical Graffiti)
No Quarter - Led Zeppelin
Rocks Off - Rolling Stones
Sweet Jane - Lou Reed
My Woman from Tokyo - Deep Purple
All I Can Do Is Write About It - Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Green Manalishi - Judas Priest
Changing Times - Nazareth
Fox on the Run - Sweet
Wang Dang Sweet Poontang - Ted Nugent
Shooting Star - Bad Company
Tie Your Mother Down - Queen
Slit Skirts - Pete Townshend
Who Made Who - AC/DC
Seeds - Bruce Springsteen
Running with Devil -- Van Halen
The Call- Up - The Clash
Country Comforts - Rod Stewart

I am leaving out alot of songs that, to me, are not obscure, but might be to others. I am also not including the music of REM, Oasis, U2, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Cracker, The Eels, which I'm not sure are "classic rock," although make up much of my favorite music.

Not trying to thread jack but Im starting to feel old because the groups I listened to when I was a kid (GnR, STP, Pearl Jam, etc) are starting to get a little play time on the classic rock stations.

If GnR and Pearl Germ are classic rock does that make Led Zep golden oldies? What are the Beatles, Ancient Rock? Buddy Holly, Stone Age Rock?

I think the Who's my generation is a song that could make any disgruntled postal worker feel good as well as any disaffected teen like I was. Seriously a lot of Who songs are so in your face and postal that it scared people, honestly the hippies at Monterey were looking at these guys like they people on a meth trip or a bad acid trip from hell. I like the Who becuase they were not this peace and love, mass-marketed lets all be friends BS. No, no Pete Townsend was into pure rage whene he got up. Anger, hate sometimes, and rage made the Who a great band like the Pink Floyd as in many ways to me.

and to top it all off, I dont think adding the Floyd in is hyprcritical. they may have bene hippies themselves but apart from Syd himsefl, Roger was in to some dark foreboding stuff, he was not a hippie or attracted to peace and love, he had some pretty lyrical dark themes that most other bands could not fathom or touch on that made DSOM so good

Last edited:
I'm not much on singles, but here are a few of my favorite classic rock albums:

Traffic - Low Spark of High Heeled Boys
Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs & B.L.T.
Deep Purple - Machine Head & Made in Japan(Live)
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti & Houses of the Holy
Frank Zappa - Sheik [SIZE=-1]Yerbouti & Joe's Garage
[/SIZE]

"Highway Song" by Blackfoot is cool... and check out "Middle of the Road" by The Pretenders as well

"Baby It's You" - Smith
"Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)" - Edison Lighthouse
"My Baby Loves Lovin'" - White Plains
"Hitchin' A Ride" - Vanity Fare
"Green Eyed Lady" - Sugarloaf
"Amos Moses" - Jerry Reed
"Burning Bridges" - The Mark Curb Congregation
"Draggin' The Line" - Tommy James
etc., etc.

If GnR and Pearl Germ are classic rock does that make Led Zep golden oldies? What are the Beatles, Ancient Rock? Buddy Holly, Stone Age Rock?

As music evolves and we progress into more experimental musical styles, the music that was popular when I was a kid: Pearl Jam, STP, Nirvana, Tool, GnR, Soundgarden etc., will begin to be considered "Classic Rock" although it was originall considered Alternative or Grunge. Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Boston, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, all of these bands will soon be considered "oldies". I'm curious to know what my kids will think of the music I listened to while growing up. I know I thought my dad's "Classic Rock" was so cool when I was a youn kid. I only hope I can help my children grow to understand exactly what good, quality music really is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom