Clearview Mall Boycott (1 Viewer)

I used to work in Mall of Louisiana and kids cause more problems than anyone else. They come in stores, move stuff around and never buy anything. Not to mention they are annoying and keep paying adult customers away. The mall has just become a place away from home for kids to hang out and they needa find somewhere else. Sorry to be a downer but I'm 23 and just a few years ago when I was that age I found better things to do than that.

mallrats.jpg

They did this at a Houma bowling alley and it transformed the place. It was previously overrun with unattended children causing trouble while not spending money. Charging a $5 cover that could be applied to bowling fees really helped.

Creole Lanes baby! I remember when they did that. I do have to admit though that we'd always hang out there on weekend nights, ages 16 & 17, something I'm not proud of. Worse than that, we'd always have a large croud retreat to the freaking Autozone parking lot on the East side to hang out after we left/got kicked out of the bowling alley. Jesus we must have been bored!

I dont go there anymore because of the annoying teenagers either running around and screaming in the food court or doing the same in the movie....

Silly kids. Teenage boycott is what the mall wants anyway. What they should do is gather in the parking lots and outside to protest. Silly kids.

Just let the kids go to Esplanade. It's got a Mall + movie theater. It's a pitiful mall since Katrina anyway.

I feel for the kids cause growing up we have a plethora of activities such as Putt-Putt, Fun Arcade, Slick Track, Twilight Zone and The Beach. With all of those gone except the Fun Arcade and Celebration Station gone there is nothing for them to do. And they wonder why kids sit at home, on the internet, all night long.

Last edited:
I have to be honest - we live in Slidell, and we have a fairly new Grand Theater out here, but we don't really care for it. So on Friday and Saturday evenings, we head to Metry for the movies, dinner, etc.... and we frequent the Palace at Clearview. We've never had any issues outside of the long wait to pay for movie tickets. Yes, there are/were tons of teenagers all over the place, and I'm quite sure many parents were unaware of what their daughters were wearing :covri: , but they did not seem to cause any trouble.

On the other hand, I understand the concerns of the mall ownership. There have probably been some unannounced incidents that have sparked lawsuits against them, and they cannot afford that. I believe they incorporated the restaurants and movie theater there to save that mall in the first place - IIRC, there was a period of time where it really appeared it was on it's last leg.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom