Clearview Mall Boycott (1 Viewer)

BWFoster78

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/02/teens_plan_boycott_of_clearvie.html

I'm having a hard time with my opinion on this one. As an adult, the thought of being able to go to the mall without having a bunch of kids acting up is very positive. I also feel for the mall management.

On the other hand, I sympathize with the kids' point of view and salute their activism. If the mall doesn't want them there, not spending money there is a great reaction.

silly kids.....they don't spend enough money in the mall to make a difference.....

Free the RACAB 1000! :rock:

Have you ever been there on a Fri/Sat night. It hasnt stopped me from going to the palace to catch a movie, but I can definately see where some would be detered.

I would guess that the small amount of $$$ these kids drop in Clearview will drastically be outweighed by the return of the older shopper.

I'm having a hard time with my opinion on this one. As an adult, the thought of being able to go to the mall without having a bunch of kids acting up is very positive. I also feel for the mall management.

On the other hand, I sympathize with the kids' point of view and salute their activism. If the mall doesn't want them there, not spending money there is a great reaction.

Im not sure they actually spend money there anyway. They just use it as a spot to hang out. Maybe someone should me some kind of teen club or something and give them a place to hang out. I stopped going to Clearview a while back because of all the kids. Maybe now they will get some paying customers back.

Easy solution: Charge $20 (or more) per unaccompanied person under the appropriate age at the door.

If you bring receipts showing you purchased the amount of your "cover charge" or more from the time you entered, you get your "cover charge" money back.

Loitering is not a right and definitely should not be free.

I refuse to go there on Fridays and Saturdays. Now I might actually head out once in a while if I need something and don't want to deal with lakeside.

That's about how I feel.

The kids need someplace to hang out and something to do. Going to a movie was a good way for them to meet up with friends and have something to do.

On the other hand, it was a total nightmare going there on the weekend evenings. It could be quite frightening at times. I have had to go IN there to get my kid and his friends before, and it was scary. Tons and tons of kids, and getting bumped into at times. :covri:

I don't totally agree with the statement about the kids not spending money. My kid and his friends always did. The movie, their snacks in the movie, and they always ate something in the Food Court before or afterwards.

Seems like an ok result to me. A merchant doesn't want you there so don't go.

I don't totally agree with the statement about the kids not spending money. My kid and his friends always did. The movie, their snacks in the movie, and they always ate something in the Food Court before or afterwards.

well, they are not spending a substantial amount of money......and as proved from this thread, people who have real money to spend on clothes, shoes or whatever else are staying out of the mall

not to mention, for every kid that is buying a pizza and a coke there are probably 5 that aren't buying anything

well, they are not spending a substantial amount of money......and as proved from this thread, people who have real money to spend on clothes, shoes or whatever else are staying out of the mall

I don't get that. I've shopped at Target, Sears, and the other stores while waiting for a movie to let out and I wasn't bothered by teenagers in the stores. There would be a few from time to time in Target, but nothing that interfered with my shopping.
It's that area by the movie entrance/Food Court that was overly crowded with the teens hanging out.

"not to mention, for every kid that is buying a pizza and a coke there are probably 5 that aren't buying anything"

I will agree with this though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom