Cleveland Browns will pursue Paul Kruger and Cliff Avril in Free Agency. (1 Viewer)

CaliSaint4Life

Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Cleveland Browns will pursue Baltimore Ravens' Paul Kruger, Detroit Lions' Cliff Avril in free agency, sources tell Plain Dealer | cleveland.com
Kruger, who helped the Ravens defeat San Francisco in the Super Bowl last month, will be one of the most sought-after pass-rushers on the market if the Ravens don't re-sign him by Tuesday. A second-round pick of the Ravens in 2009 out of Utah, Kruger (6-4, 270) had nine sacks in five starts at outside linebacker last season, and added 4.5 in the playoffs. Kruger could command as much as $9 million a year on the open market.
Avril, a defensive end, will also be a hot ticket come Tuesday. But the Browns might have the inside track, because their new defensive line coach Joe Cullen helped draft Avril, 26, in Detroit in 2008 and developed him as a rookie. That season, Avril led all rookies with six sacks and four forced fumbles.
Man, I hope this happens! The Browns are one of the teams who seems to be popular in mock drafts to pick a pass rusher. Makes you wonder if they consider Sheard a DE, but that isn't my problem. One less team picking a pass rusher is a benefit to us.

Wish Saints had the money to be big spenders in FA
Who would you spend it on? I can't think of any front seven guys I'd be willing to spend big on - if so, it would be once the market settled down. Lot of good players will have to play for cheap this year.

Who would you spend it on? I can't think of any front seven guys I'd be willing to spend big on - if so, it would be once the market settled down. Lot of good players will have to play for cheap this year.

Nobody in this FA class, just wish Saints had the cap space if someone they really wanted became free

I honestly don't think either of those guys are better than sheard. I think they'd be better off going after kruger for the strong side and spending the money on someone else.

I honestly don't think either of those guys are better than sheard. I think they'd be better off going after kruger for the strong side and spending the money on someone else.

If I was Browns I'd go big after Mike Wallace

Nobody in this FA class, just wish Saints had the cap space if someone they really wanted became free

This. I just wish we had some cap space to fill a few positions of need...anything. I'm not even talking big splashes like Mike Wallace. Just signing a serviceable vet NT for rotation, a decent vet OLB for insurance and competition, getting Bushrod or some comparable LT under contract. If you do those 3 things, you can sit back and draft strictly BPA, trade down, whatever.

I'd try a one year deal, if I'm the Saints, with Rolando McClain and see if he could work as a 3-4 ILB once Oakland releases him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom