Cleveland State Debate tonight... (1 Viewer)

TPS

Reaction score
Sources on MSNBC are reporting that the Clintons will be throwing the kitchen sink out tonight for something that sticks. hahahaha I hope she tries some more xerox lines. Look, I think Senator Clinton would made a fine president, and along with Senators Obama and McCain, would have administrations many levels of infinity better than what we have now with President Bush's people. But I had to laugh when Olbermann said she'd brought more voices than Rich Little to the campaign (backed it up) since her personal moment in New Hampshire. :shrug: I'm looking hard to see how Obama responds. If he's quick on his feet and has plausible answers for his perceived weaknesses, then he's going to show that he will be able to handle it in the general campaign. There are questions of foreign policy experience, general experience, executive experience, political ideology and such that will be asked repeatedly. He's got to be ready for everything. Don't get me wrong, I expect that his campaign will be much quicker on their feet than the Dukakis and Kerry campaigns were in responding to (often bogus) allegations. Gore's team was always ready, and Clinton (what he even answered) handled the negative attack machine pretty well in 1992 and 1996. :shrug:

Should be at least a few sparks tonight.

TPS

Kerry was sunk in by the Swift Boat Veterans Steve. It was not that they liked Bush it was because they hated Kerry more and they felt that he sold out to the anti-war movement and made Vietnam Vets pariahs for so many years afterwards. It was bad blood from the beginning. Bob Dole told Kerry not to talk about Vietnam, it was still too fresh and too bitter for the people involved, but damn it he did it anyway. So part of it I think is his fault. If he had not talked about his war record and played right into other Vietnam vets hands who hated him, he may have been elected in 2004.

Kerry was on the wrong side of the culture wars of the 60's and it came back to bite him big time

Here! Eating rainbow sherbet. Good stuff.

Let's roll.

Oh, good grief, they're going to use video clips?

I don't like the sitting side-by-side setup. Call me a traditionalist...make 'em stand on their feet, about 5 feet apart with a minimalist style lectern for each.

Will be checking in also, thanks for starting the thread. We get more information from these debate threads than any news webpage.

I still believe that she is not going to totally burn bridges. Early in the election cycle, Barack quick-wittedly responded to one of her attacks with, "Hillary, I look forward to you advising me also." It caught her so off-guard that it had to stick. Do not be surprised if it is a "xero" of the Tejas debate.

Summary of Sen. Obama's comment: "Because she used dirty tricks, I can use dirty tricks."

Ah, the psychoanalysis show.

Hillary comes across as too aggressive when she interjects that she would wish to respond to something. +1 for Obama.

Boy, you can see the fire in her eyes and the downturned corners of her mouth when Sen. Obama mentions a former Clinton official backing his plan. There have been more than a few defections and they bother her.

Did anybody hear the collective sigh after Clinton implied that there was some sort of shenanigans involved in getting the first question?

I mean, really she is so painful to watch.

Wait, wha.....

She really just complained that she's been getting asked questions first? And then took a swipe at Obama on that, too?

Did her strategist pass away?

Whiny...why does she catch the first question on each topic each time. She sounded like a whiney complainer.

Referencing the Saturday Night Live skit, with the moderators putting a pillow behind Sen. Obama to make him comfortable...I'm sure that was written to be a pointed bit of levity, with an undercurrent of truth to it, but it came off badly for her. Again.

Wow, probably the most pathetic statement I've ever heard a politician make. Seriously, that was really bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom