Climate Change Denial

mt15

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
Sticky Post
I just read about this island in Louisiana that has nearly disappeared. You all may already know about this, but this is new to me.

One of the worst things about this administration is it’s science denial. Trump isn’t very smart nor is he well educated. This has permeated the entire administration. It’s yet one more way Trump is hurting the very people he says he is helping.

I know we had a thread an this originally, but it was past two pages back, so I decided to start a new one. I know this case isn’t completely due to climate change, but as the article points out, in the future there will be many cases like this.

http://www.businessinsider.com/isle-de-jean-charles-climate-change-refugees-2018-4

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Ratings
I didn’t say they did... “They” said it was just the beginning of all these terrible hurricanes and how it was Bush’s fault. We went 12 years without a major storm.

Its common sense guys... the Earth’s weather cycle is just that.... a cycle... Its going to cool down again and all the crazies are going to worry about global cooling just the did in the early 80’s... Its a money making scheme for the people at the top. How much money has Al Gore made off this crap?
There were plenty of major storms in the Atlantic during those 12 years, they just didn’t hit the US. It doesn’t mean that the hurricanes were not as bad.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I didn’t say they did...
Yes, you did.
Just like “they” predicted all these terrible hurricanes were coming after Katrina. We went 12 years(?) without another one...
“They” said it was just the beginning of all these terrible hurricanes and how it was Bush’s fault. We went 12 years without a major storm.
That they have not touched land, or touched NO, doesn't mean these hurricanes didn't form the last 12 years.

Its common sense guys... the Earth’s weather cycle is just that.... a cycle...
It is not common sense, it is science.
How much money has Al Gore made off this crap?
And that's just it. You were told Al Gore was lying to you, because Democrat. So you are going to hold on to that...

Last edited:

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
Ratings
You don’t need to start anywhere. You just keep on worrying about crap you cant control and things you think you know... The Earth’s climate is way too complex to point to just one thing. Mother nature has a way of correcting itself.
Its funny how conservatives always have the hottest takes on the dumbest shirt, and just shrug when it comes to major issues.

Benghazi? OMG OUTRAGE LOCK HER UP!!!!!!!!!

Climate change? Well, there are so many nuances to it. It's just so complex you guys. Let's just sit back and let it happen because we can't control it

OP
OP
mt15

mt15

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
Mother Nature does have a way of correcting when things go too far. It may just involve humans going the way of the dinosaurs, but oh well, right?

Just think about it this way, 99% of scientists who study climate think we are affecting it in a way that’s never happened before. If we heed their warnings, we may avert mass extinction of the human race. If they’re wrong, we will still have developed renewable energy sources that will benefit mankind forever. The only losing hand is to do as you say, and ignore their warnings.

Last edited:

Bayouvette

Saints #1 on the field
Ratings
go ahead and burn money putting a bandaid on a volcano. man can't stop what the earth and the solar system is going to do for that matter. Money should be spent on more pressing issues and issues that can be handled by man.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Ratings
man can't stop what the earth and the solar system is going to do for that matter.
But man can certainly stop what man has created.

Money should be spent on more pressing issues and issues that can be handled by man.
Such as CO2 emissions at a rate 10 times higher (and climbing) than anything ever recorded.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Ratings
go ahead and burn money putting a bandaid on a volcano. man can't stop what the earth and the solar system is going to do for that matter. Money should be spent on more pressing issues and issues that can be handled by man.
Ok, time to rebuild Miami farther inland. Same with New York, Seattle, 'Frisco, LA, Galveston...hell, the entire Gulf Coast. If we're not going to try to fix it, we need to start getting ready for it.

Oh, while we're at it, we need to develop a replacement for plankton at the bottom of the food chain.

Speaking of money, do you have any idea how expensive mass starvation on a global scale will be?

Last edited:

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
Ratings
Xol
You don’t need to start anywhere. You just keep on worrying about crap you cant control and things you think you know... The Earth’s climate is way too complex to point to just one thing. Mother nature has a way of correcting itself.
So I'll repeat:

Do you understand how the greenhouse effect works? What it is, what causes it etc? A simple yes or no and a brief statement is the answer is yes explaining the general idea as you understand it.

This is a concept that people over 150 years were able to discern, measure, and understand. And whether we have a shared understanding is pretty pivotal to whether there is any conversation to be had. If you are denying the existence of the greenhouse effect I at least know I need to stop and just chalk you up in the same basket as I would unironic flat earthers and evolution denialists.

Ratings
Yes, you did.

That they have not touched land, or touched NO, doesn't mean these hurricanes didn't form the last 12 years.

It is not common sense, it is science.

And that's just it. You were told Al Gore was lying to you, because Democrat. So you are going to hold on to that...
I wasnt told anything. Im a grown arse man and make my own decisions. Dont pretend to know me or where I get my information

Ratings
I wasnt told anything. Im a grown arse man and make my own decisions. Dont pretend to know me or where I get my information
How did you come to your conclusions, then? And how do you reconcile that with the fact that the people whose job it is to understand these things have reached a consensus that differs from your conclusions?

insidejob

matter vs. spirit
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Ratings
Um.. google it. There were tons of cat3 or higher storms during those 12 years. It’s not hard to find. Wikipedia has each year broken down.

It’s common knowledge.
This is like that Home Advisor commercial.

"Great, can you find me 6 sourced articles discussing the hurricanes that occurred over the past 12 years that didn't hit the mainland US or GNO area that I don't know about and then explain it all to me? Thanks, you're the best!"

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I didn’t say they did... “They” said it was just the beginning of all these terrible hurricanes and how it was Bush’s fault. We went 12 years without a major storm.

Its common sense guys... the Earth’s weather cycle is just that.... a cycle... Its going to cool down again and all the crazies are going to worry about global cooling just the did in the early 80’s... Its a money making scheme for the people at the top. How much money has Al Gore made off this crap?
Ike hit Texas in 08. That was 10 years ago. GUstav and Dolly, too.

Sandy hit the NE from Virginia to New York in 2012.

Arthur was 2014.

Wilma was 2015.

Michael was pretty sensational too, wouldn't you say?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.