mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
Sticky Post
I just read about this island in Louisiana that has nearly disappeared. You all may already know about this, but this is new to me.

One of the worst things about this administration is it’s science denial. Trump isn’t very smart nor is he well educated. This has permeated the entire administration. It’s yet one more way Trump is hurting the very people he says he is helping.

I know we had a thread an this originally, but it was past two pages back, so I decided to start a new one. I know this case isn’t completely due to climate change, but as the article points out, in the future there will be many cases like this.

http://www.businessinsider.com/isle-de-jean-charles-climate-change-refugees-2018-4

Oye

shopgirl's metaphysic
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Woke up to an 'ice day' here. We went from -40 to 50 in a couple of days. Now we are getting a mix of rain, snow, hail, and freezing rain. Schools shut down. Nobody is going anywhere.

Frogs are forecast for the afternoon.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Woke up to an 'ice day' here. We went from -40 to 50 in a couple of days. Now we are getting a mix of rain, snow, hail, and freezing rain. Schools shut down. Nobody is going anywhere.

Frogs are forecast for the afternoon.
So was there blood in the morning?

Jeff

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Ratings
The purgatory between Shreveport and Alexandria
I guess the pure unpredictability of the weather is another example of the effects of climate change we're seeing every day.
That's perhaps one of the worst aspects of it. The more unpredictable and unreliable the seasons become, the more you can kiss sustainable agriculture goodbye.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom