Clinton Reacts To Supporter's Remarks About Obama (1 Viewer)

silverback06

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
DALLAS (CBS 11 News) ― Senator Hillary Clinton responded Wednesday to controversial comments made one of her prominent local supporters.

"Obama simply has the problem that he happens to be Black," Adelfa Callejo said when asked if it was smart for Sen. Obama to reach out to Latino voters.

The 84-year-old is a prominent leader in the North Texas Latino community and has a history of fighting for Latinos' rights.

But in a recent interview with CBS 11, Callejo, a strong supporter of Senator Hillary Clinton, acknowledged she still felt the deep division in Dallas between many Latinos and African Americans.

http://cbs11tv.com/politics/obama.is.black.2.664689.html

She has done a lot for women, latinos and blacks. She did a lot to help Jesse Jackson and many local blacks get elected (though JJ lost). Hurt feelings can go a long way sometimes. Obama is charismatic enough to draw her though, and many others like her. Hopefully, he can mend the fences while in office.

I would consider this a non-issue for blacks and hispanics. The younger voters are going to tip the scales anyway and they get along pretty fine (in all ways..lol).

Everyone else is just meddling.

Sometimes these things get silly. Well, they always get silly.

The comment was in regards to electability. Members of the media say the same thing everyday. CNN did an entire special about it.

I see nothing wrong with what her supporter said.

I don't see an issue either. seems to me it was made in the context of being analytical, rather then derisive

Does anyone know whats up with the division between blacks and hispanics? I have seen several sources that have made comments about this but I have never really saw a definitive reason. I guess I should do some research:dunno:

Late Wednesday night, the Clinton campaign called to clarify the senator's remarks. In a statement, the campaign said, "Senator Clinton was unaware of these remarks until this afternoon when she was asked about them on a local newscast. After confirming that they were accurately portrayed, Senator Clinton of course denounces and rejects them.

It looks like "reject and denounce" has officially become the catchphrase of the 2008 election cycle!

If we can get McCain to work in the phrase at some point, we'll have completed the hat trick! :9:

Sometimes these things get silly. Well, they always get silly.

The comment was in regards to electability. Members of the media say the same thing everyday. CNN did an entire special about it.

I see nothing wrong with what her supporter said.

if nothing was wrong with the woman's comments then why did hillary reject and denounce them.... the woman said " i like obama, but i'm for hillary..his problem is he happens to be black"....." when the blacks had the numbers(here in dallas) they just used us for our numbers, but they never did nothing for us".....so even though she "likes" obama she won't vote for him because he is black and because of what she "preceived" to happen 20 years ago when "the black had the numbers" here in dallas....and i quess there is nothing "wrong" with that......wow

I would consider this a non-issue for blacks and hispanics. The younger voters are going to tip the scales anyway and they get along pretty fine (in all ways..lol).

i agree with the young voters being more intune with each other than the older voters.....and the sooner these old relecks of all races go into retirement homes, sitt down somewhere or just die out the better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom