Clinton Surrogate Steinem Attacks McCain's War Record (1 Viewer)

Good grief! Gloria Steinem is stll ALIVE?

Hmmmm...yep, born 1934, she'd be 74.

For those unfamiliar, Gloria is the one who wrote the first expose on being a Playboy bunny.

She parlayed that into Feminist Movement gold in the 70s and founded MS Magazine. A few hysterical cartoons published by Larry Flynt come to mind...go find them yourself. :)

Frankly, I thought people stopped caring about what she said at the same time when women stopped burniing their bras and started shopping at Victoria's Secret instead. :hihi:

Cue up Helen Reddy's "I Am Woman."

a_gloria_steinem_as_playboy_bunnie.jpg

SBTB is on to something. This could be Obama's Sister Souljah moment, where he stakes out a position counter to the liberal base. Sister Souljah justified killing police officers in 1992, so Bill Clinton took her to task. Jesse Jackson criticized clinton, so he appeared more moderate to the electorate. This is such a gimme for Obama; I'm surprised he's not taking the gift.

The radical feminist vote is what's at stake. I can fully understand Steinem's logic. Couple that with Wes Clark's takedown of McCain, and you'll see a Swiftboating of epic proportions come November. The fact of his captivity is not in doubt, but everything else that isn't nailed down will be. His POW status inoculates him to criticism, or so until the surrogates for Obama get to work. The narrative will equate their life stories, so that getting his arms broken and teeth knocked out will be as great a struggle as paying off the Obamas' Princeton, Columbia, and two sets of Harvard loans. tTe electorate will identify with the latter. the former might as well come from Mars.

"Steinem’s broader argument was that the media and the political world are too admiring of militarism in all its guises."

I am not sure this "context" helps Ms. Steinem's case any. I doubt Hillary had anything to do with this particular attack, but she does have a long history of allowing her surrogates to do her dirty work while she maintains plausible deniability. Of course, she's hardly alone in that regard.

I suggest Gloria Steinmen get her *** to a Veterans home and ask some former POW whats its like to be imprisoned for 5 years. She is so delusional. I guess she thinks all POW's who were captured were not tortured, bound, and sometimes killed and forced to make propaganda statements for the NVA and the VC. She is so full of crap it stinks even from over here. She is so damn clueless. I mean attack a candidate for the election and his qualifications but don't you dare even attack his war record. He has earned it. .

This attack has no credibility other then being from a radical fringe of the Democratic Party. Thats all this is to me.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom