clinton will be unleashing her claws (1 Viewer)

4saintspirit

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
soon -- in some of the news I have been keeping up with she plans on opening a real negative attack campaign -- I guess it was inevitable

Do you think this will help her or hurt her?

Do you think this will help her or hurt her?

At this point that's not really part of the calculation. She's on the ropes, a haymaker may get her knocked out but that's where she's headed anyways. She's gotta do something. even if it's a shot in the dark.

I have to respect the fortitude of presidential candidates. What a physical and emotional beating for almost 2 years. All for a thankless job that pays well, but not THAT well.

New reuters poll for national election gauging shows Obama over McCain 48% to 40%. Same question with Hillary- McCain 50% Clinton 38%.

And January fund raising totals are staggering- Obama $36 million, Clinton $12.5 million.

Even if the latin vote in Texas makes it close, I don't see how she can win Ohio or PA.

She's done. Claws or no claws. Its too late for her to find some appeal against Obama.

>>Do you think this will help her or hurt her?

Both. It may help her in the short run, but it would hurt her in the long run. Let's face it, her campaign is desperate. She's got to do something to draw the attention back to her and separate her from Obama. It backfired somewhat in Wisconsin and she risks somewhat alienating the Democratic base and black voters and certainly independents. I don't wonder if it's so much Obama drawing in the Independent voters or people just looking for an opportunity to vote against Hillary :shrug: (it's probably both). However she became one of the most polarizing figures of today's political landscape, it remains a reality. She's got to make a last stand, because the Clintons don't readily give up. Should she lose either Texas or Ohio, she's going to have to reassess her ambition and possibly step aside.

TPS

I have to respect the fortitude of presidential candidates. What a physical and emotional beating for almost 2 years. All for a thankless job that pays well, but not THAT well.

Lust for power will drive some people to unmeasured heights.

Thanks Steve. Yesterday was the 1st day of early voting here in Tejas. Media reports last night that turnout was reportedly high all over the Dallas area. Mostly from Democrat voters, but the Republican turnout was higher than expected as well.

>>Do you think this will help her or hurt her?

She's got to make a last stand, because the Clintons don't readily give up. Should she lose either Texas or Ohio, she's going to have to reassess her ambition and possibly step aside.
TPS

Somehow I cannot see her ever giving up -- she will believe that if no one gets the necessary delegates to get nominated that she can win with the old time behind the scenes democrats performing magic in the smoke filled backrooms -- and she may just be correct in that assessment -- many would say they owe it to her for supporting hubby through all the bad times which helped out the democratic party by not destroying his image (although I think she did that to get her here in the first place) -- I have to admit I do not like her at all nor do I trust a thing she says does or thinks -- -- I believe she has strategized her move to the white house many many years ago -- I believe she thinks its her destiny to be the first minority in the white house -- and that this is what she deserves

So you're saying she's a Cowboys fan. :shrug:

depends on what city and state she is campaigning in -- the other day it was either the browns or bengals (dont know who is closer to youngstown) tomorrow will the the Texans, then the Cowboys

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom