Clintons make $109 million since Bill left office (1 Viewer)

I define corruption by the frogmarching of the staff and colleagues. the current occupant regrettably doesn't make the cut, which either makes his administration pristine, or they're doing a magnificent job of staying out of prison. He's wealthy, and by that criterion, not corrupt. The recent history holds up reasonably well.

Bush 43- not corrupt (see above)
Clinton- corrupt
Bush 41- not corrupt
Reagan- corrupt
Carter- not corrupt (thesis fails)
Nixon- corrupt
Johnson- not corrupt (affluent wife)
Kennedy- not corrupt

That's 7-1 rich=not corrupt, not rich= corrupt. Those are good odds. McCain's wife is worth $100 million, so he should be OK. Obama, worth two million as listed in Business Week, is susceptable to the siren call of corruption. given his dealings with Tony Rezco, he's off to an excellent start.

You're going to have to define your criteria a little.

Scotter Libby was convicted of a crime and Reagan had money (even if he wasn't "filthy rich").

It shows that they made a boatload of cash over the past few years but nothing sinister.

It shows that, once again, she showed poor judgement by playing around and not getting this out when it was being milked by Obama and allowing him to get some mileage out of it. She had nothing to hide and these records were coming out (and people weren't going to wait until she was nominated), so why the issue?

Because it's personal, private and protected information :shrug" like ... say... the information in one's medical records or passport file.

But hey, I know I'm persnickety about public disclosure of protected, personal info. Still, I would like to think I'm not alone, especially when scanning the masses crying foul over infringement of civil liberties for the supposed good of the country.

Because it's personal, private and protected information :shrug" like ... say... the information in one's medical records or passport file.

But hey, I know I'm persnickety about public disclosure of protected, personal info. Still, I would like to think I'm not alone, especially when scanning the masses crying foul over infringement of civil liberties for the supposed good of the country.

No one made her. That was her choice...just like it was her choice to delay it in the first place. She could have stuck to her guns and said she would only release if she was nominated. Or not all all, beyond what she is required to disclose.

Obama made the personal choice to release his and she could have made her own personal, yet different, choice. Sure, Obama could have milked it a little more but I doubt it would have been a crushing blow.

I'm not quite sure what the prob is here. She wasn't forced into doing anything. And she disclosed it herself...it wasn't leaked, so your analogy doesn't really hold up.

At least they don't have to run narcotics and launder money anymore .

See - Mena Arkansas and Iran Contra .
It's a wonderful story .

I define corruption by the frogmarching of the staff and colleagues. the current occupant regrettably doesn't make the cut, which either makes his administration pristine, or they're doing a magnificent job of staying out of prison. He's wealthy, and by that criterion, not corrupt. The recent history holds up reasonably well.

Bush 43- not corrupt (see above)

Yeah, I stopped reading at this point. Whatever logic brought you to say that would surely skew the rest of the post. Either that or you need to rethink what you call corruption.

You're going to have to define your criteria a little.

Scotter Libby was convicted of a crime and Reagan had money (even if he wasn't "filthy rich").

Even Jimmy Carter had his corrupt OMB director Bert Lance. when you're responsible for 5,000 appointments to the executive branch, some mulligans are acceptable.

I define only the "filthy rich" category, of which Reagan was decidedly not a member. And to address the post above, Bush 43 is a tough call. My first draft put him in the corrupt category, so instead of 7-1, it's 6-2. That's still solid enough to make the connection.:covri:

I'm not smart enough to add to this topic but I do know there are less intelligent people who made more money them. But like someone else said, this is how much has been reported. Who knows what's hidden.

At least they don't have to run narcotics and launder money anymore .

See - Mena Arkansas and Iran Contra .
It's a wonderful story .
tinfoilhat2cy2.jpg

It shows that they made a boatload of cash over the past few years but nothing sinister.

It shows that, once again, she showed poor judgement by playing around and not getting this out when it was being milked by Obama and allowing him to get some mileage out of it. She had nothing to hide and these records were coming out (and people weren't going to wait until she was nominated), so why the issue?

Because the Clintons have a track record of stonewalling and being less than forthcoming about their affairs, financial and otherwise. After all, this is a woman who turned a $1000 investment into $100K in cattle futures. The only reason Hillary wasn't charged and prosecuted for insider trading was because the statute of limitations had passed when the public learned of it.

That's pretty funny .
Repeat after me :
conspiracy theory , conspiracy theory , conspiracy theory .....

Sorry don't mean to thread jack , never the less .....

Good lord man , pull your frightened little head out of the sand for just a second , open one eye and go to wikipedia on the subject .
There is a suprising amount there . Keep in mind that the Dept. of Justice ( unfortunately , another gov. agency that is not immune to corruption )
reports the American financial system launders between 500 billion to 1 trillion per year .
The CIA inspector generals report admits trafficking crack-cocaine - it's right there on the " wiki " page - you don't have to dig deep to find it .
You won't find much about the Mena airport there , you will have to look elsewhere . Better yet , stick your head back in the sand and maybe it will all go away .

<embed allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/47f9a67b16d7366c" width="384" height="283" quality="high" wmode="transparent" id="W47f9a67b16d7366c" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

Yeah, I stopped reading at this point. Whatever logic brought you to say that would surely skew the rest of the post. Either that or you need to rethink what you call corruption.

Bush 43 isn't at all corrupt IMO. In fact he's quite a likeable guy and hasn't done much sinister. His administration, Cheney in particular, and the neo cons in general are mostly corrupt. So I can see where Sooner's point is somewhat valid.

Bush 43 isn't at all corrupt IMO. In fact he's quite a likeable guy and hasn't done much sinister. His administration, Cheney in particular, and the neo cons in general are mostly corrupt. So I can see where Sooner's point is somewhat valid.

Bush is a likeable guy?

Where have you been for the past 7 years?

He's lied to everyone, including you.

But you do put blame on Cheney? Did Bush not choose his VP?

Look, I understand wanting to give the most powerful man in the world, the benefit of doubt. But after these last 7 years, I don't see how anyone could see anything but evil when they think of our current administration - Bush especially.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom