Closing of most rest areas in La. (1 Viewer)

>>Ive probably hit every store along the way...

Key is, "along the way." More of our stores in da boyah are nice, white Cajun proprietors. But once in the city, where I am now and hence this part of the state, that is not the case. The BP on Metairie Rd. was A-rabs, the Shell was A-rabs, Discount Zone was A-rabs and Exxon On the Run on N. Causeway is A-rabs. :shrug:

TPS

I am an A-rab, so I wish you'd chill out with it please.

j/k

>>I am an A-rab, so I wish you'd chill out with it please.

I know some really cool a-rabs. It's just that if you type, "arab" it looks like the word that rhymes with scarab. :shrug: And it's not as funny as A-rab.

/boyd pierce of Shreveport!!!

TPSkandar

>>I am an A-rab, so I wish you'd chill out with it please.

I know some really cool a-rabs. It's just that if you type, "arab" it looks like the word that rhymes with scarab. :shrug: And it's not as funny as A-rab.

/boyd pierce of Shreveport!!!

TPSkandar

I was totally kidding, I'm a cracker. Good stuff. :9:

When all of the nostalgia is gone from this state, what's left I wonder? Just a bunch of Applebee's and Olive Gardens. I will dread the day when we look like everyplace else on the map.

I totally agree with the sentiment, but for me, I just think this is so far down the list of what's more important, that I'm OK with letting go of it.

What's the highway north of Baton Rouge that they just/are still widening? That was a spectacular drive, and now they've torn out all the old oak trees and old stone fences etc that made it what it was. That's a lot more upsetting to me--necessary as it may have been--than letting go of some rest stops that were built after WWII.

I'm more worried about whoever these jokers are setting fires in Central City, or the Barnes and Nobles crooks (who claimed they were just going to add an elevator to the Bultman Funeral Home) than to these monuments to the interstate highway system.

I totally agree with the sentiment, but for me, I just think this is so far down the list of what's more important, that I'm OK with letting go of it.

What's the highway north of Baton Rouge that they just/are still widening? That was a spectacular drive, and now they've torn out all the old oak trees and old stone fences etc that made it what it was. That's a lot more upsetting to me--necessary as it may have been--than letting go of some rest stops that were built after WWII.

I'm more worried about whoever these jokers are setting fires in Central City, or the Barnes and Nobles crooks (who claimed they were just going to add an elevator to the Bultman Funeral Home) than to these monuments to the interstate highway system.

Agreed, there are much more important things to worry about. :plus-un2:

The same thing is happening to some of the rest areas here in NM. They are even removing the dumpsters and trash cans. :covri:

Now there is trash all over the place...

>>Ive probably hit every store along the way...

Key is, "along the way." More of our stores in da boyah are nice, white Cajun proprietors. But once in the city, where I am now and hence this part of the state, that is not the case. The BP on Metairie Rd. was A-rabs, the Shell was A-rabs, Discount Zone was A-rabs and Exxon On the Run on N. Causeway is A-rabs. :shrug:

TPS

Gotcha. By "this part" I thought you meant southern Louisiana.

Yeah, I'd agree about city ownership. The thing is that's not what these things are generally aimed at. There are no rest areas in the city and generally not any close. Places directly off the interstate in the city is more geared toward local residents. Closing rest areas really effect businesses directly off the interstate in small towns.

>>Places directly off the interstate in the city is more geared toward local residents. Closing rest areas really effect businesses directly off the interstate in small towns.

Correct. But you have to remember that this is Louisiana and members of the State Legislature notoriously own the land where the government puts in exit ramps. :covri:

TPS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom