Cloverfield Update **Possible Spoilers** (1 Viewer)

I'm really hoping this film will be as good as I've imagined it would be. It has seemed like something Spielberg would've done in the 70s if he had the technology to pull it off. Harry from AICN sure seemed to like it although he also sold me upon watching "Reign of Fire" in the theaters when I knew better.

5+ minute clip......
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yi2aaNBHluo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yi2aaNBHluo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I've never watched Lost, but I'm thinking I should pick up the DVD's.

NOOOOO!!! :covri:

Stay very far away. I've been watching the entire time and the only reason why I keep watching is because I don't want to admit that I wasted the other 3 years doing it. Its the same questions still unanswered. I'll give them that they DO create new questions, and answer those, but the old ones that you started with are just left alone.

If anyone reads books, its like a Robert Jordan series. Just finish it.

This movie is getting good reviews so far. 76% and climbing at Rotten Tomatoes.

I have heard it described as Blair Witch meats Godzilla. I think this film will not be worth the price of admission.

Just got back from the movie a little over an hour ago. (NO spoilers to follow if you're worried :9: )

Short and Sweet of it: IMHO, I didn't think it lived up to the hype.

I certainly didn't think that the movie "...knock(s) your cinema-going mind into the floor of the theater" as proclaimed by Harry Knowles of Ain't it Cool News. Don't get me wrong, it is a good movie, and I definitely enjoyed it, but I don't think that it's as groundbreaking or genre-changing as some of these critics that are orgasmic over the movie are raving. Yes, it's a fresh perspective on the typical "giant monster destroys major city" Hollywood movie, but I also found myself wondering alot about the characters' actions, "now why in the heck would they want to do that?"

The "Blair Witch meets Godzilla" description mentioned above and on some of the movie review sites is accurate, and if you're not a fan of jerky videocamera scenes you may want to skip this movie. If you do go, though, keep a sharp eye out on a shoreline scene in one of the Coney Island "flashbacks."

Oh, and for you Trekkies out there, there was a short teaser trailer for J.J. Abrams next big movie project. ;)

I'm really hoping this film will be as good as I've imagined it would be. It has seemed like something Spielberg would've done in the 70s if he had the technology to pull it off. Harry from AICN sure seemed to like it although he also sold me upon watching "Reign of Fire" in the theaters when I knew better.

Harry is a whore who hands out good reviews for free tshirts. I dont trust anything he says.

That being said, I thought Cloverfield was pretty good. Nothing great or amazing.

I went last night too, what did I miss? Can you see the monster coming out the water or something?
Not really a spoiler or anything major, but I'm hiding it anyway for those that want to be surprised (Highlight below to see).

Edit: Eh, it's hidden as much as I can. Skip post if you don't want to see.

_
In the shoreline scene at Coney Island towards the top right corner you can see a meteor or something falling out of the sky and splashing into the Ocean. Nothing else is said or mentioned about it. I'm thinking Abrams added that in there to keep all the Cloverfield geeks guessing about the monster's origin. ;)
_

i missed that

any cathc the radio message at the end of the credits? i couldnt make it out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom