Article Clowney wants to play for a contender. (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sign me up. Can you imagine him opposite of Cam? He’s a beast. But isn’t Seattle a contender too?

If Brees retires I think we’d have the money.

Brees retiring does not provide any incremental cap space for next year, given the structure of his current deal with an automatically voided year for 2020.

Right?
My bad then. I still would love to have him. He demands double teams just like Cam. Cam would have his best year and that’s a fact.

It's doubtful.

I realize a lot will change from now till the 2020 rosters are set but right now the team has only $11.8M in cap space for 2020 and no QBs currently signed to actually play.

Understood. Well I had a dream lol. But still odd he says that to me, Seattle always contends.

It's doubtful.

I realize a lot will change from now till the 2020 rosters are set but right now the team has only $11.8M in cap space for 2020 and no QBs currently signed to actually play.

Looks like $12,460,277 and that's with Brees counting as 21.3 against it (i could be misreading that) and with none of our own free agents signed.

Looks like $12,460,277 and that's with Brees counting as 21.3 against it:

So I think I read even if Drew retired we’d take a big hit?

Clowney was playing on sure will and guts vs Packers.

Even at 85%, he gave everything he had and was getting in. He's a monster.

I wish we could afford him.

Totally agree. Watched him live in person all the time while he was in Houston, and he outshone Watt. He is a destroyer and would wreak havoc and allow Cam to finally have help.

Clowney was playing on sure will and guts vs Packers.

Even at 85%, he gave everything he had and was getting in. He's a monster.

I wish we could afford him.

He is also the one that landed on Wentz’s head & took him out of the game. Clowney was apologetic and not a big jerk about it.

The MNF crew were interviewing Clowney on the field after a game & he looked HUGE!!! He towered over Steve Young & made him look like a midget.

He is also the one that landed on Wentz’s head & took him out of the game. Clowney was apologetic and not a big jerk about it.

The MNF crew were interviewing Clowney on the field after a game & he looked HUGE!!! He towered over Steve Young & made him look like a midget.
Clowney is what Jevon Kearse was before injuries ended his career.

It's doubtful.

I'm seeing a little over 17 million in cap space currently, and yes... we still have a lot of players to sign. And whether or not Drew retires, he will count a minimum of 21 million against the cap unless a multi-year deal is done, which he said he doesn't want. But even if he did sign for multiple years, he'd still count about the same against the cap.

We get back 11 million if we cut Jenkins, and Armstead is a prime candidate for an extension which could free up nearly as much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom