Clowns in woods tempting children with candy (1 Viewer)

It's a favorite holiday in my family, but I never 'costume' for Halloween, but you all have me intrigued...

So... Scary clown? Or regular happy clown... Just forever smiling and holding balloons?

It's all about location. Even scary clown at a circus is cool. Happy clown in living room is scary.

Waking up to see any clown standing right there is scary.

It's a favorite holiday in my family, but I never 'costume' for Halloween, but you all have me intrigued...

So... Scary clown? Or regular happy clown... Just forever smiling and holding balloons?

Any mask would be an improvement.

Saw this yesterday.

I would shoot any clown in sight. I would probably burn the forest too.

There is one story of a clown just hanging out under a street light and waving at a lady. NOPE.

They need to call in the national guard or napalm the area. We cannot let the clowns take over. Nuke em all.

As you can probably tell, I have a phobia. Seriously, it's a good thing I don't live in this area.

I agree 100% clowns freak me the Heck out, if i would have gotten this 911 call i would have done a recon by fire then called dispatch requesting more ammo.

“An unidentified neighbor is mentioned in the sheriff’s report as having seen a clown when she was walking to her house at 2:30 a.m. in the morning of Aug. 21. “[She] saw a clown with a blinking nose, standing under a post light near the garbage dumpster area,” read the incident report. “She stated the suspect waved at her and she waved back while she made her way to her residence safely. The suspect did not approach her or harm her.”

“We talk to them constantly [about stranger danger] because this is a bad neighborhood, but nothing like this has happened,” James Arnold said. “This is one of the neighborhoods where guys are walking around carrying guns, but we’ve had no clowns before.”

Crazy...

Killer Clowns from Outerspace

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YYtBkR3pGVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Followed by:

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/txfdGlxEsG8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You have been warned.

Update: Police have been unable to verify the clown sightings. But a new report, approximately 20 miles away is being investigated. Not sure whether it is the same people, copycat, overactive child imagination, or just a police prank.

No police officer investigating the claims has seen a single clown, Ryan Flood, a spokesman for the Greenville County Sheriff&#8217;s Office, told The Atlantic. The clown sightings, however, seem to be spreading. Flood said a minor at an apartment complex about 20 minutes away from Fleetwood Manor called the police Monday night to say he say saw a clown coming out of the woods. Police were not able to locate any clowns.

The story has garnered national media attention&#8212;the Washington Post, USA Today, and BuzzFeed all reported on the alleged sightings. It&#8217;s not surprising, considering scary clowns are, after all, one of pop culture&#8217;s favorite tropes, as The Atlantic&#8217;s Sophie Gilbert wrote in 2014.

But, Flood says that the media attention may make getting to the bottom of the clown scare more difficult. When asked if he was concerned the police may be chasing the figments of kids&#8217; overactive imaginations, he acknowledged it &#8220;a possibility,&#8221; but also said the media attention might spur people to start &#8220;dressing up as clown to prank the police.&#8221;

&#8220;That&#8217;s obviously a concern,&#8221; he said. &#8220;But at the same time, if people dressed as clowns are trying to lure kids into the woods, we have to investigate it seriously.&#8221;

Are the Clown Sightings in South Carolina Real? - The Atlantic

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v9kRHhdzGyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

is dressing up as a clown and going into the woods illegal?

why do some media reports talk about the clown as a "suspect"?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom